This object is in archive! 

Incomplete address when long-click in the Korea

Dong-Geulami shared this problem 2 years ago
Closed

Hello Locus Team

If you press and hold your finger while looking at the map on the Locus Map, the address appears.

However, the address works well in other countries (eg: USA, Europe...), but the address does not come out well in Korea.

The first captured photo is a photo from Locus Map.

The second is a picture when running Google Maps as a view in other map apps through sharing on Locus Map.

The address should appear like the red line on Google Maps, but it does not appear.

Replies (1)

photo

Hi,

could you please explain in greater detail what in particular is wrong? Is the address incorrect? Is it in the wrong format? Have you tested other address search sources? (settings > miscellaneous > source for online address search )

photo

Hello Michal Stupka

Address number is omitted.

So, for example:) If there is an address "Buil-ro 308beon-gil 10", "10" is not displayed.

The old address display with the same address is "SangDong 326-18". But the old address expression does not display "326-18" either. The old address or the new address should be displayed, but it is not. And in some cases, the address display only says "point" There are also displayed

(settings > miscellaneous > source for online address search ) It shows the same result even if you change the source here

I think it will be difficult to understand because it is an address from another country, but please review it carefully Thank you

photo

Hi,

I've tested all available address sources and Google returns what you need (not GraphHopper nor Bing):

/c05d0336d3911708497fbcaa2abdce32

photo

Hi,

Thank you so much for the detailed reply

I don't see the address "Sang-dong 326-22" in the place you simulated

I only search for "Buil-ro 308beon-gil"

The correct address there is "Sang-dong 326-22" or "Buil-ro 308beon-gil 16", but either of the two addresses must match, but "326-22" or "16" are not displayed.

I am attaching a link to the video I simulated.

https://youtu.be/9ZKotBc7c6g

photo

Hi,

I'm afraid I can't simulate the problem of yours... the house number is still shown, see my video:

photo

Hi,

Thank you for being so careful about setting up and simulating in Korean.

However, the rest of the addresses such as videos do not appear on both smartphones (Note 8, Note 20 Ultra) I am using. And LM4 and LM Pro are the same phenomenon. I'm curious to see these results

Once the weekend is over, I'll initialize it and observe if this happens. And if there is an error, I'll make a debugging file and send it to you.

Have a great weekend, thanks again for the video

photo

Hi

I tried resetting the LM4 installed on the Note8 smartphone, but it did not show the correct address.

So I attach the debugging file

Let me know if you need anything else to solve the problem

Have a nice day

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qWApKajIyYOLdVJ7QIV18dGZmXSBKj4F/view?usp=sharing

Debugging files

photo

Hi,

after a discussion with the main developer I have to say sorry, we are not going to deal with this problem due to lack of similar feedback from other users.

photo

Hi

I think such a decision is a little sad

I'm not the only one with this symptom. Probably, most people who use Locus Map in Korea have this symptom.

The captured photo is a photo captured from a review in "Google Play Store".

The content in the photo is that the address cannot be displayed to the smallest unit when you tap it with your finger on the map.

this person is korean

And a similar thing was said to me in an online forum with about 20,000 members (all Koreans) where I am active.

Anyway, the decision is made by the Locus Team, so we respect that part.

Please refer to my post if this problem comes up in the future.

Have a nice week9e92878a9d1fc7f3083974639aaaf33a

Replies have been locked on this page!