This object is in archive! 

POI popup window is displayed in case when should not be

Dmitry Lesev shared this problem 2 years ago
Not a Problem

I guess that POI popup window should be displayed only in result of user's action (manual centering of a map to a POI). But actually this window also appears on zooming map and on auto-centering map, in case if current position is close to a POI.

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Dmitry, the POI popup emerges always when the POI gets on the location of the map screen cursor. You can switch the popup entirely in settings > points&tracks.

photo

Hi Michal

from manual about Pont Map Label - "Appears when you move the map cursor across the point icon on map", so it means when i manually move, not always. Please do not mark as "Not a problem" because currently it works not as described in manual

Why when i do zoom out or zoom in, a popup window appears?

photo

Hi Dmitry, it doesn't matter if you shift the map manually or if the map is shifted by the app when centering or moving to a searched location. The manual mentions the manual action this way because it is the most expected one.

What popup window appears when zooming in/out? Could you record a video of the issue?

photo

Hi Michal

Ok, i see. I just want to say that when POI popup window appears when you don't expect, it can be annoyed because part of map is hidden by this window and you need tap anywhere to close it.

In this short video, 1st part - window is displayed after auto-centering map; 2nd part - window is displayed after zoom-out.

photo

Hi Dmitry,

thanks for the video but again, this is standard behavior - the POI lays close to the screen center so when you center the screen, the cursor overlaps with it and the popup shows up. The same when you zoom out - again the POI shifts a bit at the cursor position and the popup emerges.

If you find this annoying, switch the popup entirely in settings > points&tracks > Points popup.

photo

Hi Michal

"switch the popup entirely in settings", do you mean this setting?

Labels on map:

• Never - label appears only after tapping the point

I've tried, but a label appears as before, always

photo

Hi Dmitry, check also settings of the particular point folder - it is possible to set different preferences for the folder and for the whole app generally.

photo

Yes Michal, thanks.

One more question - should be the label that appears after tapping the point be the same as label that appears under cursor? (i've got smaller label in 1st case, not so easy to read it's info)

photo

The label that emerges after tapping contains more info than the popup plus tools.

Replies have been locked on this page!