This object is in archive! 

Web points not sorted alphabetically

Andrew Heard shared this problem 2 years ago
Solved

The points on my devices are carefully named to be in useful alphabetical order. But when synchronized to Locus Map Web, the same points are in some random order making it very difficult to find the point you want, especially when there are large numbers of points in the folder.

Until there are methods to sort/ order the points, please at least, sort the points by their name.

Locus Map Web points below - random or no sort order?

5b7a7c0c1e6ca4cd6b211b7137a54c28

PS. I note from https://www.locusmap.app/finally-you-can-plan-routes-between-caches-on-the-web/ this functionality is most likely "in the works", so thanks!

Replies (3)

photo

Hello Andrew,

Unfortunately, so far the order of points is in random order.

I pass on your problem to my colleague Ondra.

Please be patient - he's on vacation this week.

Thank you for understanding.

Have a nice day

Andrea

photo

Hello Andrew,

I am sorry for the current state. Points and tracks are sorted by update time in DESC order. I agree that it doesn't make much sense for points (shared code). I have already changed this ordering for points by the name. You can expect this change in production in ~2 weeks (as stated I am currently on vacation).

Soon, I should also start working on the ability to sort and filter your library. This should improve usability a lot especially for large libraries :).

Kind regards, Ondrej

photo

Thanks Ondrej. That's a BIG improvement when there are a large # of points in a folder.

photo

Ondřej - tracks are no longer sorted by time in DESC order. I'm sure it used to be?? See picture. Quite frustrating when 100's of tracks in same folder.

2215d03f952d9b58e5b2445c7624b703

Unrelated sorry, but the Search box at the top could be used to search for tracks/ points in the list too (as well as place names). Maybe a topic or already on your list?

photo

Hi Andrew, thank you for your finding. There was no change - items are sorted by the time of last change. So in most cases it is the same with the time of creating. But I totally understand your frustration because time (date) displayed in the UI is the create time. Soon, we plan to implement sorting functionality thus the order should be more clear. Till then we will discuss this internally if we can improve it somehow :).

Unrelated: yeah, search is also something we are working on right now. Search in "MyLibrary" would be nice. We also have it in our mind but I do not believe it will be included in that first change.

photo

Ondřej - understood. In this specific example, I don't believe the 2nd recorded track created 2021-01-31 has since been modified other than to view, so it is a puzzle to me why it's sort order has changed to near the "top of the list". But I'll wait for the improvement anyway. Thanks.

photo

Hi there, ordering of points by name is already deployed to production. Thnaks for reporting this. Some kind of basic could be implemented until the end of the year. This should again improve UX of working with your library on the web :).

Replies have been locked on this page!