This object is in archive! 

Default camera app when taking photos

balloni55 shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

normally i use "open camera" to take photos.

is there a way to use this app by default when taking photos as attachments with locus?

Replies (6)

photo

Hello balloni,

this is an interesting question. Locus apps do not directly pick one specific camera app. Locus only sends a request to the system "Take/pick a photo" and the system should automatically select the default camera app on your device. This does not happen?

photo

I have several apps installed and Locus each time asks me which one to use. Frankly, I find it quite convenient.

photo

@ Piotr

in case of other apps like Editor, Galerie a.s.o. i´m also asked which one i want to use, but in case of camera no selektion appeares,

an no the Samsung device camera isn´t set as default.

@ menion

for me always samsung camera app opens without any option to select another one, but that is my wish

photo

Hmm, really weird. I'm worried there is nothing I may do here. I've just checked how Locus Map ask for a photo and it really use basic recommended method where no camera application is specified.

I may suggest to install another camera app to check if then some popup with list of apps appear.

Menion

photo

After digging in internet i found the reason, i am on Android11

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/08/20/android-11-camera-apps-chooser/

photo

Omg, thanks balloni! I was not aware of this change. Hmm ... limitations and limitations ...

There seems to be an option to specify camera app directly by the Locus Map. But since Android 12, Locus Map won't be able to choose any app at all, so this is not the way .. so sorry, I currently see no working solution here.

Menion

Replies have been locked on this page!