This object is in archive! 

Cannot connect Bluetooth GPS after Update to Locus Map Pro 3.55.0

znarF shared this problem 2 years ago
Solved

Hi, after updating to the latest Version I can't connect my Bluetooth GPS any more.

I think, there is also a missing checkbox in Bluetooth Manager, but I cant remember it's Name.

The GPS device could be connected in Android without any problems.

Phone: Redmi Note 8 Pro, Android 11

Replies (4)

photo

Hi,

could you please describe step by step how you connect the GPS to Locus? What GPS device do you use?

photo

Hi, I,m using the Bluetooth Manager to connect my Bluetooth GPS (Bluemax 4044), which works for years. Sind the last update the checkbox "get Connection from external GPS" is missing and I can't connect my GPS anymore.

photo

Do not know if it helps. But I had a similar issue after updating to the latest L V3.55 version.

I tranfer gps by bleutooth from new HQ gps phone to older Locus operational phone.

This by using the next (sender) Share GPS app: https://t.ly/UmY8

Correct operation just halted after the latest V 3.55 update.

It was a bit of groping into the dark and trying and trying again to get it right.

So I don't really know for sure why it suddenly worked after many new attempts.

I removed the bleutooth connection (pair) on both phones than power off & restart

Than reinstalled (pair) the bleutooth connections in the usual standard way.

Than suddenly had a succesfull gps reconnect by push connect in the Share GPS app.

photo

Additional info:

Choosing between bleutooth and internal in the bottom switch of the satelliete screen did not help as there was than an (timed) auto switch back to internal gps before even there was a succesfull bluetooth connection by the Share GPS app confirmed. So I had to switch off location in Android too.

photo

If you use any external GNSS app that takes care of the connection to GNSS hardware and then just distributes the received location in the Android system, you should directly use "Internal GNSS" in the Locus Map, not the Bluetooth.

photo

hmmm...the Share GPS app is located onto the transmiting MI A2 Lite phone only.

The gps location of that newer (sender) HQ gps phone (Mi A2 Lite) is so shared by a bleutooth connection and than the gps data is transmitted toward that second phone. That is than the famous THL4000 with the low performant internal chinese gps hardware if you still remember ;-)

photo

You are still using my favorite nightmare THL4000? :), yes I remember.

Anyway interesting combination. Sorry, I thought that "Share GPS" is something like a good old "Bluetooth GPS" app, by mistake.

I'm trying it on my own device ... it connected correctly for the first time. But after an attempt to reconnect, it fails and keeps failing because of some internal connection error. Hmm ...

photo

If you have closed the Share gps app than after app restart to reconnect you should again set the share gps connection to "listen". After a Locus restart (bluetooth gps set) than succesfully will connect again at least when the "sender" gps has a gps satellite lock. You just must get used to it.

photo

Hi guys,

sorry to read about problem with recent changes.

Regards connecting to BT GPS: simply open satellite screen and at the bottom, right of the big "Turn on..." button is small edit button that allows to choose internal or BT GPS, so give it a try. Does it help @znarF?

photo

Hi Menion,

yes, Bluetooth GPS works again with your hint.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

znarF

Replies have been locked on this page!