This object is in archive! 

Magene Gemini 210 is determined as power sensor

ssamoixa shared this problem 2 years ago
Solved

Magene Gemini 210 is determined as power sensor since Locus Map version 4.4.0, but it is speed/cadence sensor. Can't change type of sensor - there is not option for this.

Replies (5)

photo

Hello,

this is really intersting problem. Unfortunately I'll need a help with the solution.

I've prepared special version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12GIhexvP_dMsx6y2jLeUFdcgXkl78YHP/view?usp=sharing

After the install (simple install over existing version, no need to un-install first)

• long-click on the main menu and enable "Log to file"
  • open sensors manager and click on "Add new sensor > +" button
  • at the bottom should be option "BT4, Analyze" so pick this one
  • after sensor appears, wait a while and then pick your sensor
  • again after a while, just close the app by back press

In the Locus/logs directory, should be a log file so please send me this file, thank you!

Jiří M. aka Menion

photo

Hello,

Thank for reply. I've attached log. Name of my sensor is `10437-97`, so I guess it's line 141.

photo

Hello,

thanks for the log! You are correct, line 141 is about your device. As you may see, it is really weird > Locus Map detected that this sensor reports also power sensor data. This looks to me like a problem in the sensor itself. What I may do is ignore "CYCLING_POWER" service for the device with name "10437-97".

I just did it with new generated version, so if you have a moment, give it a try please (no need to use previous "Analyze" mode). If this still won't work, log will be useful again. For unknown reason, in log was not visible complete list of available services and this sensor can't be purchased in Czech Republic, so it is a little more complicated.

Let me know, thanks!

Version for download.

Jiří M. aka Menion

photo

Hello,

You're providing outstanding support, thank you very much! This version works great. May I ask you to add some "I want this sensor to be treated as <speed/power/cadence/etc>" option?

photo

Hi,

hmm, perfect.

Some kind of selection is a) not so easy and mainly b) not wanted. This new version takes care of automatic selection so you should only pick a sensor and do not deal with "what this my sensor do". Well, I did not expected that some sensor will report incorrect values.

For now, the issue with your sensor seems to be solved and hopefully, it was the last of it's kind :).

Menion

Replies have been locked on this page!