This object is in archive! 

Estimated travel time in Route planner is wrong

Peter Schmitt shared this problem 2 years ago
Solved

I use LoRouter offline.

When is set a bike profile on Car symbol pane the estimated travel time is at about 60km/h.

It seems as if the speed profile is taken from the the symbol pane and not from the assigned routing profile.

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Peter,

in case, you compute the route, time is also computed by the LoRouter so only the selected profile file matters.

On your screenshot, I do not see if you draw a manual line segment or really used LoRouter for the compute. If you are using the latest app version, write me please start > end coordinates so I may simulate this issue on my own device. Thanks.

Jiří M. aka Menion

photo

Hello Menion, here an example.

Start N 49° 04.047', E 008° 07.547'

End N 49° 06.958', E 008° 21.710'

Profile LoMTB on Car Tile

Data see screenshot.

photo

Thanks Peter,

this is really interesting, check my screenshot.

Are you using latest Locus Map 4.4 version? LoRouter data are updated?

db3369deca366b11d9e27efb0e9ed70ad0dfe8c60a892d6923cb4fd4d15ab7c1

photo

Yes, latest version and updated routing Data

photo

Hello Peter,

I was keeping this topic open and testing it right now with little delay, but, unfortunately, I'm giving the same result as before. So compute with this modified car profile compute time close to 1 hour.

If you still have the same issue, I may only prepare a special version that will print into a log more info what exactly happens inside ... if you are interested.

Menion

photo

Hello Menion, of course I am interested!

What do I have to do?

photo

Hello Peter,

so I've prepared special version http://bit.ly/lmVersionsTest , that will print more info directly into app log.

How to:

- install app from the link, just update current LM4.x version

- after start, long click on the main menu icon and enable "Log to file"

- test problematic feature and after fail appears, close the app

- send me a log that should be created in the Locus/logs directory

Thanks!

photo

Hello Menion,

Log file is attached. Hope that helps.

I have problem with this beta. Online and offline maps are extremely slow 🤔.

I want to go hiking tomorrow. How do I go back to non beta version?

Best wishes

Peter S.

photo

Hello Peter,

thanks for the log, it helped. I finally see a difference between your usage and my tests. You seems not to use "Include navigation commands" option. Without this, Locus Map does not have a place where to store received computed times and result is a time generated by the app that seems to be far away from reality. Is there any reason why you have disabled this settings?

And slow app > it is really so significant? Even with disabled logging to the file? Should not be! There is no simple method to downgrade except re-install. If disabled logging and (optionally) restart of the device does not help, I may at the morning generate new version with less logs that may hopefully help. Let me know, thanks.

photo

Hello Menion, I disabled the option because I don't use navigation commands. I do just manually follow the track.

Beta was super slow, even with log disabled. I am on Pixel 4a and Android 12.

No problem any more, as I reinstalled version from Playstore.

I will play with the settings. Thank you for your help!

Best wishes

Peter S.

photo

Okay, now I understand! Navigation is not mandatory, even if option to include navigation commands is set. I can set the option and use the track as before.

Problem is solved.

Thank you so much, Menion.

Peter S.

photo

Hello Peter,

your "super slow" info worry me a little bit. It should not be slower then common production version, weird.

Anyway I'm glad we found a reason why this happens. Interesting problem I should solve somehow on app side.

Jiří M. aka Menion

photo

Hello Menion,

I want to come back to what I meant with "superslow". The App itself was responsive, but loading Map-Tiles (online and offline) was extremely slow.

I tried to delete cached maps data, but that did not solve the problem. As you know I reinstalled productive version, so problem is solved for the moment.

Let me knopw If you want me to make some testing.

Greetings from Germany

Peter S.

photo

Thanks Peter. Slowness should be already fixed in the latest app Beta version.

Jiří M. aka Menion

Replies have been locked on this page!