This object is in archive! 

Option to purchase premium Gold version without Google Pay

John Dohmen shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hello, because of my location (Curaçao) Google Pay is not accepted. I could circumvent this in the past by buying Locus Map Pro from Amazon app-store but version 4 is not available there. I tried to upgrade from the free version 4 to the premium gold version but that is not working because of the Google Pay restriction for my country. Is there a way to purchase the premium version through another option (e.g. website)?

Regards

John

Replies (2)

photo

Have you tried using a vpn to bypass localisation,

photo

VPN would work for the problem that an app is not available in my country (Google Play functionality), but doesn't work for payment (Google Pay functionality); payment is linked to my legal address and credit card.

photo

Thanks for the suggestion. Revolut is only available in the European Economic Area. You need to enter your phone number to get a card. I don't have a phone number in Europe. If I would be living in the European Economic Area Google Pay would work also without an extra card.

Also the suggested solution on reddit requires the VPN to be connected at all times.

All in all too much hassle. I accepted the response from the Locus developers that it is not possible. I wait till there is a workable solution from them and in the meantime I keep using the last Pro version 3.

photo

Hello John,

Unfortunately, this is not possible yet.

Locus Map is closely connected to the Google Play system (distribution, license verification), so we currently do not provide any solution without Google.

In the future, we plan to introduce time vouchers distributed without Google.

Thank you for understanding

Have a nice day

Andrea

photo

That was what I was afraid of. Thanks for your reply. With another tracking app vendor I agreed to donate the subscription amount to them while they activated my license for the coming year. Another option that worked in the past is indeed time limited vouchers for the license that can be paid for in another way (Paypal or direct credit card).

For the time being I have to keep using the working Pro version 3 that I purchased through Amazon store. Still very happy with the app, so I hope you will work out a licensing option for the people that are not supported by Google Pay.

Regards. John

Replies have been locked on this page!