This object is in archive! 

Missing authentication credentials code 401

Sebastian Vervenne shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Some years ago i set up a backup on google drive for my offline maps and saved points, with an automatic backup every 3 days. Now I noticed backups don't happen anymore. And if i try to do a manual backup of each map i get the message: 'Missing authentication credentials code 401'. The strange thing is I don't find anywhere how and where to solve this. And would like to find out since I am trying to transfer all my date to a new phone. Who can help?

Replies (5)

photo

Hello Sebastian,

in the app internal file browser, tap on the top-right menu button and in the menu where you may choose the source, tap on the first "logout" button.

Hope this helps, let me know.

Jiří M. aka Menion

photo

thanks Jiri for your idea, but I am not finding any of that....

photo

I actually logged out and successfully logged in again with my google drive. I tried a backup on drive and on the internal storage of my device, it always gives me the date and time naming and when I press ok it says 'operation successful', but it does not make an actual backup file...

photo

Slowly getting there, I could email the file through the 'share' icon that appeared on operation successful, and so my points are now visible on my new phone, but the 'images' attached are missing, I can see the file there but it says 'media missing'...

photo

Hello Sebastian,

sorry for the not perfectly clear description, but seems you found logout/login buttons, perfect.

About missing media files: this is currently an old limitation of the backup system. Because of the huge size that media may have, it is currently necessary to backup & copy them on a secondary device(s) manually. Photos attached from the existing media library are stored in the system DCIM so they can't be easily backuped at all. Media created directly over Locus Map are stored in the Locus/data/media directory.

Hope this helps.

Jiří M. aka Menion

Replies have been locked on this page!