This object is in archive! 

All data missing after latest update

skubko shared this problem 2 years ago
Solved

Hello,

after I upgraded my Locus to 3.56.0 (and now to 3.56.1) I am missing all of my data. Point are missing, maps, tracks, everything... Version 3.56.0 changed the location of working directory (I chose recommended option when starting the app after the update); now it is in Android/data/....

I believe that is the reason why all of my data are missing, but the question is - why would you do such a thing? Asking users to change the directory and when doing that, loosing all of their data... I was using automatic backups, so I have some data there, but they will not be the latest. What is the suggested approach from your side here? It is a shame app did not inform me about this when I was changing the directory...

Thanks.

skubko

Replies (2)

photo

Same problem for me.

Data was not transferred automatically, I lost in a moment 2+ years of data.

I managed to find out where was previous location of Locus files and load them, but this was not a straight forward process(how can I remember/know where Locus was storing files?).

Nokia X10 + Android 11

photo

I have followed and engaged in this Android 11 fallout mess since the very beginning. Only a very few cases popped up where data was perceived to have been lost.

Normally Locus does a pot. lengthy job moving all files from the original location to the new folder (with latest LM4 and granting the AFA permission this is not needed, BTW).

If you have LMP plus LM4 installed, only one of those wins those original files, the second one starts from scratch.

What exactly was the chain of events on your device?

Cheers

Michael

Replies have been locked on this page!