This object is in archive! 

All data missing after latest update

skubko shared this problem 2 years ago
Solved

Hello,

after I upgraded my Locus to 3.56.0 (and now to 3.56.1) I am missing all of my data. Point are missing, maps, tracks, everything... Version 3.56.0 changed the location of working directory (I chose recommended option when starting the app after the update); now it is in Android/data/....

I believe that is the reason why all of my data are missing, but the question is - why would you do such a thing? Asking users to change the directory and when doing that, loosing all of their data... I was using automatic backups, so I have some data there, but they will not be the latest. What is the suggested approach from your side here? It is a shame app did not inform me about this when I was changing the directory...

Thanks.

skubko

Replies (3)

photo

Hello,

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

This really isn't the behavior an application should exhibit.

The app should transfer all your data into a new directory automatically, but this looks like the transfer didn't happen.

If data aren't transferred, they should be in their original folder. You can go to "Settings > Miscellaneous > Default directories > Load app data" and reload it through this.

Please try it and let me know.

And about all these changes - it reflects the new Android filesystem rules, and it is an inevitable step for every app in Google Play.

What and why changes you can read here.

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Hi Zdenek,

thanks for the help and link to filesystem changes. That link should have been assigned to the release notes, that is exactly what I was looking for. I did not have any knowledge that something like this is happening on Android 11+, none of my applications (yet) needed to do anything like this :)...

Anyway, "Load app data" helped and I used it to move my old data to a new folder. I was surprised that it moved also my external vector maps without any problems because on this link it is written it does not work :)

Thanks once again for your help, you can close this ticket now.

skubko

photo

I had the same problem. I opened Locus Map Pro this morning for a site inspection and could not access the waypoints, tracks and map that I needed. That cost over an hour of wasted time for 8 people.

Now back in my office, I found this post and went through the 'Load app data' process. After restarting Locus Map Pro and resetting the visibility of my tracks and waypoints to 'on', I am now (hopefully) back to where I was before this morning.

Dr Graeme Lorimer, Biosphere Pty Ltd, Australia

photo

Hello,

I'm glad you made it work.

Have a nice day.

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

I downloaded a new File Browser -Solid Explorer- from Google play. After installing and giving all permissions the Android/data folder showed all content including menion.android.locus.pro where the Locus maps are stored. Then it was easy to move all the maps to the Maps folder. It seems to be that most browsers are not allowed to go into the Data folder since Android was updated. Google seems to loose more and more customer focus when updating Android

photo

Same problem for me.

Data was not transferred automatically, I lost in a moment 2+ years of data.

I managed to find out where was previous location of Locus files and load them, but this was not a straight forward process(how can I remember/know where Locus was storing files?).

Nokia X10 + Android 11

photo

I have followed and engaged in this Android 11 fallout mess since the very beginning. Only a very few cases popped up where data was perceived to have been lost.

Normally Locus does a pot. lengthy job moving all files from the original location to the new folder (with latest LM4 and granting the AFA permission this is not needed, BTW).

If you have LMP plus LM4 installed, only one of those wins those original files, the second one starts from scratch.

What exactly was the chain of events on your device?

Cheers

Michael

Replies have been locked on this page!