This object is in archive! 

Big problem with my data

Evelyne Dos Santos shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hello, following the last update of Locus Map Pro, the application has restarted with no reinitialization of the destination folders in the local memory. Then we end up with none of my MapVector maps and no longer my many recorded tracks. not deleted files. I did a backup nothing or done. Please give me the procedure to find the good files.

Replies (4)

photo

First thing I would do i to use a powerful file manager to look for data: x-plore and Solid Explorer and Total Commander can do the job to look into /Android/data/menion... (new location - I do not understand your "with no reinitialization")

Then I would also look into the old location. This typically was /Locus at root level.

The tracks are in a databse with the name / path Locus/data/database/tracks.db; waypoints are in another DB.

In other words: understand the realities of the file system.

Next I would look into Locus itself, go to settings - miscellaneous - default directories and understand where Locus believes the data to be.

Once you have both, there is a chance to analyze the situation and get an idea for repair.

PS: I laso do not understand your remark re. backup - do you have one form the OLD situation? Or not.

PPS: deepl.com helps a lot with accurate translations

photo

Hello, and happy Christmas holidays. Finally, following the update I was able to retrieve my downloaded vector maps and GPS tracks. With a manipulation to be done in the Locus parameters. Here is the path to follow. Settings-> Miscellaneous-> General, default directory-> Application data transfer, export application data-> continue-> I chose one of the maps that I had re-downloaded. There a restart request is requested. Wait a few moments and restart the app manually and re-choose the Locus storage and finally I was able to find everything. Thanks for answering me.

photo

That's a big relief, I suppose.

Merry Xmas!

photo

Thanks-you

Replies have been locked on this page!