This object is in archive! 

Can't export to Google Drive

Sarah Gregg shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

I love Locus and have been using it almost every day for some time now, exporting my gpx tracks to my Google Drive without any problem. About a week ago, Locus instructed me to move my directory to the Private directory which I obediently did, choosing the SD location as I have too little space on my internal memory. All works fine, except that since then I haven't been able to export to my Google Drive. Locus connects to the Drive and lets me choose the directory, but then I get an error message from Drive telling me "Unable to schedule files for upload". I don't think it's a problem with Drive as I've tried a couple of my accounts with the same result, and it seems too much of a coincidence that the problem started right after moving my directory. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Sarah.

Replies (7)

photo

have you ever tried to log out of Gdrive in locus and then log in again. which version of Locus are you using

photo

I've tried using three different GDrive accounts and Locus reads them fine, but can't export to them. Not sure how to log out of Gdrive in Locus though. My version is 3.56.3 . As the problem occurred right after I moved the Locus directory, could this somehow be causing the problem?

photo

Here's an update to the situation... I've disinstalled and reinstalled Locus Maps Pro and now I can export to Google Drive using the Export function, but NOT the Share function. So although the actual problem is solved, it still remains a mystery why I can't use the Share function. But I am going crazy trying to get my offline maps to work... I'll be posting another question on that so the two issues remain separate.

photo

Hello,

the GDrive folder where you try to share your file is yours or shared with you? Do you have permission to write into it?

And GDrive App in the phone. Does it work correctly, are you signed in with the right account?

Regards,

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Yes, it's mine and I use it regularly to transfer files between my phone and the PC. I can now also use it to upload files from Locus using the Export function. It is only with the Share function that the upload fails. But as I can now use the export function without problems, it's no big deal, just strange! I've now also solved the map folder issue I mentioned above, so everything's working fine just as before.

photo

Hello,

I am glad you make it work.

But also I am sorry because we can't replicate your problem. So if you find out what is wrong with the sharing or if you see any other weirdness - please feel free to write me again.

Thank you.

Have a nice holiday.

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Thanks to you all for your excellent work. Don't know what I'd do without Locus! Have a great holiday period you too.

Replies have been locked on this page!