This object is in archive! 

Some questions

tkansgar shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I have a few new questions, since I've got a new smartphone. Maybe I have to learn something about modern smartphones. :-)

1. My new smartphone doesn't have any hardware back button. Instead this button normally is displayed by the os in the bottom right corner (next to some others like all new smartphones do I think). On my old device I used the hardware back button to close Locus Map. But now, when the standard map screen is displayed, the back button is not visible. Instead Locus Map displays its bottom toolbar at that place. Is there any other way to close Locus Map in an easy way?
  2. I tried to configure the main menu to display the exit entry at any position. For this I would prefer to substitute another unneeded entry by the exit entry. How can I do this? I only could add a fourth row to get a new free place in the third row. But then the new row only contains the entry "All functions" and two free unneded places. Is it possible to remove an unneeded entry from the main menu to get a free place without adding a new row?
  3. Since the display of my new device is larger than the old one, I wanted to reduce the map scaling factor found in the extended map functions. But when I choose that setting, Locus Map crashes and restarts each time. How can I reduce the map scaling factor now?

BR

tkansgar

Replies (4)

photo

For problem nr 1:

Go to Settings / Controlling / Display and deactivate Full screen. Now the bottom Android bar should be visible.

The description there is a bit odd because it does more than hiding the (top) notificaton bar.

photo

Many thanks, that works. But nevertheless currently I think about to use my new exit entry in the main menu (the solution for Issue 2. below) instead of deactivating the full screen mode.

photo

If you don't have a Xiaomi phone, it's not necessary to turn the fulscreen off. Just swipe your finger upwards from the bottom screen edge and the system controls appear.

photo

It's an Oppo phone, and yes, that works too! Great! I was not happy with the way via the main menu, because I missed the back button in several situations. So I really had turned off the full screen mode. But swiping upwards from the bottom edge is very easy, so I just turned it on again. Many thanks for this tip!

photo

I have turned on the full screen mode again, because nearly each time I try to swipe up the system back button, at the same time I hit some Locus function from the bottom function panel. And then the back button applies to that function instead to Locus itself. And when that doesn't happen, Locus first displays the green message to hit the back button a second time to close Locus. And then the back button has disappeared again in most cases. So I have to swipe it up a second time. And then I either hit a Locus function again, or the timeout to hit the back button a second time is reached. So the swiping method isn't useful for me.

photo

for problem 2:

do a long click on a unwanted function/icon,

select another one from list

photo

Many thanks too! I did so. And removed the fourth row again. I hope, I can get used to close Locus Map this way.

photo

you can add the "exit" button also to the bottom or side function panel.

photo

My buttom panel is full already, and a side panel I don't want, because it would spend too much space on the side. I will try to get used with the swiping method you described above.

photo

I have moved some functions to the main menu. In the bottom bar are only functions that do not exist in the main menu. You can also expand the main menu in the settings. Then even more functions fit there.

photo

Hi, what's with issue 3.:

> Since the display of my new device is larger than the old one, I wanted to reduce the map scaling factor found in the extended map functions. But when I choose that setting, Locus Map crashes and restarts each time. How can I reduce the map scaling factor now?

Should I create a new Problem topic for this, since it's a crash?

photo

Send your user ID please - crashes are monitored and we can pick the one belonging to you.

photo

The user ID is: bd7fa69a2

I'm using the free version of Locus. Are their crashes monitored too? I just reproduced the crash (at 18:22h CET). Can you find it?

photo

please update to the 4.5.6. version and let me know if the bug is fixed.

photo

No, unfortunately Version 4.5.6 still crashes at this point.

photo

A weird issue... we're not able to simulate it but the devs made some changes in the code so please wait for the next app version.

photo

Hi Michal,

the issue 3. is solved with version 4.5.7. I could adjust the scaling factor to a suitable value without any problem.

BR

tkansgar

photo

Hi. I have no idea on this one. Maybe start with writing here about Phone model, Android version and Locus version.

The Locus crew reads here too.

Replies have been locked on this page!