This object is in archive! 

Can't import offline maps to Locus Maps Pro

Sarah Gregg shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Since the changes in the system of directories, I've not managed to either move or re-import my offline maps. To solve my other problem (with exporting to Google Drive), I uninstalled and reinstalled Locus Maps Pro in the hopes that it would also resolve the maps issue. But nothing doing. When I try to add one of the offline maps I used previously, I get the message that I should copy it manually to the /Locus/maps directory, which I have set to "Private folder on SD card" (there is not enough space in my internal storage where in any case the same problem is present).

Looking for the specified directory using either my phone's file manager or by connecting the phone to the PC, the Android folder on the SD card appears completely empty and I am unable to create any new directories within the Android/data directory. The internal storage does contain a menion.android.locus.pro directory, but the "files" subdirectory is empty, even though I have downloaded the Italy South map as a test. I have tried manually creating a "maps" directory and copying a couple of the maps I used previously, but they don't appear in Locus.

I am very far from being an expert in using Android if not for the simplest of things, so I may just be doing something very simple wrong, but I've run out of ideas. Can you help?

Replies (3)

photo

Terrible Android security, other Apps cannot see private folders. It's a time waster for maaany ppl. Try using:

///ext/Android/media/menion.android.locus/files/Locus/MapsVector

Latest Locus (beta?) should look for maps inside of it. Other than Android/Data, file managers can access files there.

Cannot tell from experience, have no Android 11 myself.

EDIT: You use LM3... IDK if what I write applies there.

photo

Here you can see, it's a big thing: https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=7625.0

photo

Success (I hope)! The key was the comment on the discussion linked above that the Samsung Xcover (also my phone) can't access certain folders. I installed X-plore and at least could see what was going on. Which always helps. I'm not sure exactly how I managed, nor that I could repeat it, but the important thing is that Locus is working fine again. The only thing that, strangely, I can't do is share a file on Google Drive as I did before. But the export to Drive function works perfectly, so that's no big deal. A big thanks for all your help.

Replies have been locked on this page!