This object is in archive! 

Lost settings after trying to import old data

Ákos Szommer shared this problem 2 years ago
Closed

I am using Locus Map Pro. I did notifications recently about the need of moving the default folder but ignored them as they popped up every time when I wanted to use the app and had no time to investigate the message.

Today, I noticed that Locus started with default(?) settings. I realized that I needed to migrate the old directory. Tried to follow the FAQ, however the descriptions were not clear and straightforward.

First I tried to follow the Settings > Miscellaneous > Default directory > Load app data method. It is not mentioned in the FAQ but I selected the Locus map as source. Tried many times but the procedure always failed with error code 12521.

Then I tried to follow the another method found in the FAQ Settings > Miscellaneous > Default directory (without specifying what menu item there!) so I selected Set the main directory, then Private folder in internal storage.

This option seemed to move a lot of old data. However after restarting Locus app, it still does not have my old settings furthermore the old Locus folder is deleted.

Please help with

- finding my data

- restoring my data in the new version of the app

Replies (2)

photo

1st I would use Solid Explorer or x-plore to Check where which data ended up on int and ext SD, root level AND private folders under /Android/data.

What data, which amount, a d the free capacities of int and ext.

Then there can be a plan.

Do you have Locus backups for the configuration?

photo

Thanks Michael for your response. I dig into a bit and realized that not all my settings are lost but the look and feel, due to the offline external maps and external map themes were missing.

I found they way how to migrate the maps and re-install the missing theme. Now Locus works like before. Nevertheless, the FAQ could be more informative and cover all the side effects of this change.

This ticket can be closed. Thanks for your support!

Replies have been locked on this page!