Michael Bechtold shared this problem 2 years ago
Closed

Title says it all.

To reproduce:

- start two or more OAM Locus downloads

- cancel the first one when it expands the theme

- wait forever for the other downloads to start

- cancel the remaining downloads

- start a new one: the progress circle (top left) starts at 50% rather than 0% - and hangs forever.

Queue management fix needed, I think.

Only a Locus restart clears the queue.

Replies (11)

photo

Hello,

please is the bug still in the latest version?

I can pause the queue as I wish. Pause, unpause, everything keeps switching and downloading properly.

Please let me know.

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Zdenek,

I did CANCEL a task, not only pause!

Cheers

Michael

photo

I am sorry, my mistake, I wasn't accurate enough. I tried to cancel one task too, but the second start immediately.

My procedure: I tried to download the map, then add another map to the queue, then pause/unpause randomly, then cancel one and then start downloading another one... Everything worked fine for me...

Which maps are you trying to download? I assume you have the latest version, right?

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

TXs for the clarification, Zdenek.

I have to run now, but will test with the latest version (already installed) later.

Cheers

Michael

photo

Just tested with 4.5.7, Android 11: the problem persists, exactly as described in the initial post. The only way to get Locus do ANYTHING in the queue is to restart Locus.

I tested with OAM, Locus specific download links.

photo

Michael, where do you have the mapsVector directory? Is it in the internal or external storage?

photo

Michal, they are in /sdcard/Locus/mapsVector, on int ST. LM4, all file access granted.

photo

Hello Michael,

I'll try to help here as well. I'm testing your scenario ... work with themes with many files is hell, you know it. When you cancel download in moment, any theme is extracting, app still on the background finishing last task (extracting). And because it takes a long, I had to wait almost a minute till task was done and next task in queue started. Isn't this your case as well?

Jiří M. aka Menion

photo

Yes, Menion, I think that I CANCELLED while LocusAction was extracting themes (because I need the maps and POIs, but not the theme, which was already there).

So my point is not about the wait time, but about the fact that waiting jobs never start. Even if I cancel manually the whole queue, new downloads will not start. Only full Locus restart would clean up the queue status.

Hope this helps to nail down and resolve the issue.

TXs and cheers

Michael

photo

Hi, thanks, understand. Unfortunately I, Zdeněk, either a Michal aren't able to simulate this issue. A little weird to be true as it should not depend on the device you use. Sorry, minor problem that I believe does not worth too much time investment, for now. Thanks for understanding.

photo

Understood, Menion.

And once people go the ZIP theme way (OAM is on its way), there will be less trigger to cancel ;-)

Replies have been locked on this page!