This object is in archive! 

V3.56.5 added Duplicate folders than V3.56.4

ColdAutumn shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

This should be just a small software update, but it seems to change great?

I also saw the enhancement of file access rights about Android 11, I don't confirm if there is a relationship.

Many thanks.

Replies (5)

photo

I saw that too, in beta, but it did not do any harm and I ignored it successfully :-)

It may be, that Locus scans all those other folders, too for content, but I did not test that out.

photo

Hi, maybe I should rename this from "Duplicate folder" to something like "Alternative folder" :). Generally, the app only checks the existence of these directories, but they may be empty. In the current version was a small change in how the app checks for maps, so most probably in these internal directories, empty dirs for maps were created. I'll check this, but generally, this should be no problem for usage. Anyway, thanks for pointing on this.

photo

Hi Menion, does this mean that - independent from renaming - the content of these folders will be checked? So - by whatever means content will get there - it would be used by Locus? In addition to the base folder content and any sub-dir settings?

photo

Right. This is a minor change to prevent some data loss ... so private directory on the internal storage & SD card as well as /Android/media directories also on the internal storage & SD card. All "maps" & "mapsVector" dirs in these locations should be used.

photo

Cool! TXs for this clarification.

Replies have been locked on this page!