This object is in archive! 

Confused about 2 app installations / data sharing and backup

k3lt shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Ok so i had Locus Map 4 installed, from which i have downloaded LoMap of my region (3 free downloads) , i have changed the root directory to SD Card because i figured it will be easier to keep it backed up here in case i have to factory reset or something which wipes internal storage, so i think it was downloaded to /android/data/menion.android.locus.rpo on SD Card.

Later on i decided to buy Locus Map Pro, i installed it when Locus Map 4 was still installed also and ran it, afterwards i uninstalled Locus Map 4 and i cannot access the LoMap i downloaded earlier.

Currently default root directory is on Internal Memory Private Storage, i tried changing it to SD Card Private Storage but the maps are still not available.

Why this has to be so complicated and confusing? Am i doing something wrong? Are the LoMaps i downloaded earlier are lost and i lost the "1 free" download?

Also even if i decide to download LoMaps again how am i supposed to backup them since i can only install them in the "Private Storage" either on internal memory or sd card which i cannot access (i'm not rooted), the "Internal Memory" is greyed out and says this directory is no longer supported.

I'm on Android 12.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello,

did you copy your data to Locus Pro before you uninstalled Locus Map 4? If not, maps are gone. Android 11+ always deletes the whole directory during uninstallation.

But you can download them again for free if you log in to the Locus Store with the same credentials as before.

For the backup you can still reach that directory, you just need the file explorer with the propriety permissions. In our experience Total Commander, Solid Explorer or X-plore works. And probably the best solution is to backup all files via PC connected by cable.

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Ok thanks, what about Automatic Backup does that backup maps aswell?

photo

Automatic backup keeps your points and routes. Maps have to be backed up manually. It is quite the same as when you are moving to a new device.

If you want to reinstall the app and temporarily save all data away from Locus, you can use this feature too:

"Settings > Misc. > Default directories > Unload app data"

After reinstalling just use "Load app data".

Zdenek, Locus team

Replies have been locked on this page!