This object is in archive! 

new update: Locus 4 and Locus Pro no longer share same folder

Benedict Harris shared this problem 2 years ago
Closed

This is no good. I use both Locus Pro and Locus 4 with the subscription....

I prefer to import my GPX files with Locus Pro because the thumbnail image is clearer and less cluttered, which then works in Locus 4.

Now after new updates, I have lost all my settings, icons and tracks and track folders in both.

The update did not automatically transfer them. Its just deleted them all.

I imported from cloud sync in Locus 4, but the import did not also show up in Locus Pro

I might have to downgrade, this is totally wasted my time and energy

Replies (2)

photo

The mess of separating apps from their original data was triggered by a silly architectural decision for Android 11+ by Google in the first place.

LM4 and the AFA version of LMP (on Google drive) both have the permission MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE (for now).

So, you can keep LM4, but use that other version of LMP - and restore the original situation.

LM4 and LMP in your current setup do not share the same base folder. Hence the syncs you do with LM4 will leave the track and POI databases of LMP untouched.

photo

"The mess of separating apps from their original data was triggered by a silly architectural decision for Android 11+ by Google in the first place."

- I have been using Android 11 for 3 months now with the older version of both apps, LMP and LM4 worked with no problems. (just the version before this update). Its the update that broke it...

"LM4 and the AFA version of LMP (on Google drive) both have the permission MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE (for now)."

I have the Google Pixel 2 which doesnt have an SD card...

"So, you can keep LM4, but use that other version of LMP - and restore the original situation."

Ok I hope this works. Will try it.

"LM4 and LMP in your current setup do not share the same base folder. Hence the syncs you do with LM4 will leave the track and POI databases of LMP untouched."

The updates deleted all my tracks, routes, presets, in LMP also....not just LM4,,

so should I downgrade just LM4 and all my presets etc will return to both? I need both syncronised, with folders, tracks, routes, audio coach presets, all presets....

I hope they are not permenently deleted?

Replies have been locked on this page!