This object is in archive! 

Display selected icon for live tracking instead of fixed icon

Andrew Heard shared this idea 2 years ago
Declined

At the moment the live tracking icon is always this black+white head+shoulders below right?

02d123d682135a268ec77f4c756b3bf6

How about displaying the chosen live tracking icon from settings - see my settings below? If there are multiple people in the group we could see each location with their chosen live tracking icon instead of the fixed black+white head+shoulders icon?

5b6a18754c4cf6ac37eaa1110c10befd

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Andrew,

only your last successfully send location should be visible with the "Person" icon. The main reason for this is to clearly see, where others see me (my last location), no matter how many other users are on the screen. Or do you see this icon also for any other user?

photo

Hi Menion,

Yes I understand & agree with what you have written. My suggestion is to display the icon selected by the user on the Android map instead of the fixed 'Person' icon. On the tracking webpage map the user's icon *is* displayed, so why the inconsistency?

photo

Than currect system is intent. As I wrote, I believe that is important to immediately see my last valid location without need to remember, which icon is mine. Web does not have login so it does not know who is watching on the tracking page.

Menion

photo

OK, understood, although not sure I agree. Anyway, the situation will be improved a little with https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/26998-display-live-tracking-icon-over-recorded-track.

What icons are used for other users in a private group? If there are a number of users, is the 'Person' icon used for each person, or is it possible to distinguish locations by their chosen icon?

photo

I do not understand your question. Only your own location is displayed with this icon. Icons of all other users are preserved.

photo

OK - that's good. Thanks.

Replies have been locked on this page!