Find Geocaches in filtered folder

Wolfgang shared this idea 2 years ago
Gathering feedback

Hi,

via a saved filter (click on folder icon) I got one single cache visible in my folder. Now I wanted to find this cache in the folder - no way.

It would help to sort by all visible caches. Or maybe to toggle between all caches and only the visible ones.

In this example it just was one single cache - usually that are more, but this does not change the problem.

Please add a feature to find these prefiltered caches in the list.

Thanks Wolfgang

Replies (2)

photo

I just mentioned that the picture has a missing extension. Here comes the correct one.

What about a button "hide faded out waypoints from list"

Thanks Wolfgang

photo

Hi Wolfgang,

interesting problem. I've never considered this as a problem, but understand.

I see, you have two options

1. return back to map, where should be easier to find a visible point (in case, you have only this point visible)
  2. or better, you may open the folder and long click on the bottom "Filter" icon to apply saved filter on this folder directly

I'm just not sure how to work with some kind of "Sort by visibility". When you hide any point in such "sort mode", it should re-order under your hands. So maybe rather "Hide invisible", but this will also change the list as you will hide points/tracks under your hands. Hmm, I'll think about it, but to be true, I hope this won't be necessary ...

photo

Hi Menion,

thanks for your thoughts. In my initial post I tried to face it down to the facts. Here some more info about my situation.

step1.jpg: I have several caches from different folder visible

step2.jpg: I use one of my filters e.g. > 50 Favorite points

step3.jpg: I have to scroll through the complete folder too find the result of my filter

Looking at the map is no option because I don't know which caches are from which filter and the list alos has a better overview.

I haven't thought that it's a big deal. I thought at a kind of toggle button which additionally filters out the waypoints with the crossed out eye symbol.

Hope you understand what I mean.

If it's a big deal, than I guess there are more important things.

Thanks Wolfgang

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file