This object is in archive! 

A minor niggle with geocache updates

JohnCNA shared this problem 2 years ago
Solved

I have LM 4.5.7 and wish to report a minor issue.

When I select Update Cache or Download Logs, the operations happen correctly and virtually instantly, but the progress spinner never stops spinning until the display page is dismissed.

7bb6c1f0a8e221dbc9eb7af553b0dab4

Replies (5)

photo

OK - first off, it only does this with opening a geocache from a GPX list. Doesn't matter what the source of the GPX is. Even if I capture Live in Locus and copy to a list. I never noticed that this does not happen with Live listings until you asked to document steps. I mostly just work off offline Lists.

Anyway, I uploaded a small sample GPX for testing.

Import the list and open it.

Select a geocache.

Displays on map.

Tap arrows in upper right to show map full screen.

Tap any one of the cache icons to open the half screen description card.

Select Update Cache or Download Logs.

Progress spinner spins continuously.

Actually if you skip the 'map full screen' step the problem still exists. It's just harder to notice because the dark gray top border overlays the black spinner.

photo

This is exactly the same problem as the one which I reported this week (and which is still Unprocessed).

photo

As I did not want to try this on my "official" smartphone I tested it in a sandbox environment on my old device. In this environment the error was not reproducible. So let's hope that it is really fixed.

photo

Why is this happening? I installed the beta. Shows as 4.6.1.5 Beta in the About menu. Works fine. The next day, the version is 4.6.1 again. I reinstall the beta and use it. The next day it is reverted back to 4.6.1 again. The beta is being replaced with the previous version automatically every day. What could be causing this?

photo

Hello John

open Play Store on your phone, navigate to your installed apps > open LM4 and click top right 3-dot button > uncheck auto update.

from now all update have to be started manually by yourselfe

Wolfgang

photo

Ah, thanks. I have had auto update turned off forever, but forgot I had turned it on for the beta program.

Replies have been locked on this page!