This object is in archive! 

wmts ok with Locus 4.4.3, with OruxMap but not with Locus Pro

Alain Bourdier shared this problem 2 years ago
Not a Problem

Hello

I use this WMTS link without difficulty with Oruxmap and with Locus 4.4.3

https://wxs.ign.fr/MYKEY/geoportail/wmts?SERVICE=WMTS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

I subscribed to Locus Pro and when I declare this link, the response from the app is

"Oups, check your internet connection or try later"

Could give me your explanation ?

Regards

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Alain,

Locus Map Pro can process only WMS data, not WMTS.

photo

Thank you for your reply

This is a big big problem and this must be the case for many french hikers and cyclists.

The use of IGN's WMTS is a major option offered by Oruxmap and Locus old version.

It is unfortunate that no information on this important matter is highlighted before taking out the Locus Pro subscription

And I believe besides to guess the commercial reasons which can justify your impasse on this function

As far as I'm concerned, this leads me to simply abandon the use of Locus Pro. This will undoubtedly be the case for many French users when they are informed of this impossibility through forums and social networks.

Regards

photo

Hi Alain,

but Locus Map Pro can display IGN maps - only not from the WMTS tab. You can find them in the Online tab of the map manager:

5221e29d9e9b48f8e638ca321ae728a9

Hiking/biking maps are available for subscription (both online and offline), aerial maps are for free.

photo

But as far as I know this option is chargeable while WMTS not

photo

Hi Alain,

I've tested the WMTS link and I can't run it on Locus Map 4 either - the "MYKEY" part of the link should by probably replaced by some customer key that can be obtained for money.

photo

No, no

MYKEY is a substitute of mine (hide) and free of charge

I use it during my trecks

photo

Anyway, I prefer to stop this subject. To know that WMTS is not supported is the only information I need

photo

The explanation of IGN provider is here: https://geoservices.ign.fr/services-web-issus-des-scans-ign

Replies have been locked on this page!