This object is in archive! 

External routing profiles for LM Pro

Lucas Heiss shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Is it possible to use external routing profiles for LM Pro with Android 11 or above?

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Lucas,

yes it is possible when you install BRouter and copy the .brf files into its directory "Profiles". Then set BRouter as the default router in Locus settings > navigation > router.

photo

Hello Michal,

thanks for your reply. I did exactly what you proposed on a friend’s mobile with Android 11 and LM Pro, but the profiles I copied into the BRouter profiles folder are not shown inside the app. Could there be another folder and I’m using the wrong one?

I copied the profile "shortest.brf" into /storage/emulated/0/Android/media/[BRouter folder, forgot the exact name]/profiles2

Inside the app I chose "BRouter" as my routing engine. But then, when I want to assign a profile, "shortest" is not offered in the list. That's why I’m not sure, if the folder mentioned above is the correct one.

On *my own* mobile with Android 7, the "profiles2" folder is under /storage/emulated/0/brouter. There, it works as it should – any profile file I copy into this folder is provided inside the app (LM Pro).

Best, Lucas

photo

HI Lucas,

then please try the same with /Locus/Router/Profiles2 directory - it's within Locus Map's directory structure.

photo

Hi Michal,

the folder /Locus doesn’t exist on my friend’s phone. Her LM Pro doesn't offer the possibility to set /Locus as standard directory due to Android 11 restrictions. That’s exactly the problem...

Best, Lucas

photo

Hi Lucas,

the app has always a directory named /Locus/. On Android 11 it is placed in the system directory /Android/data/menion.android.locus.pro/files/.

photo

Aaaaa! :) Okay, that was the Information I was missing – I will try this!

Thanks for your help :)

Lucas

Replies have been locked on this page!