This object is in archive! 

What features can we steal from ATAK

Alistair Parsons shared this idea 2 years ago
Declined

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXuQERL_e8M

Android Tactical Awareness Kit

apparently used by lots of airsofters and SAR

Just wondering if any features of ATAK could be brought in to locus, especially to enhance the live tracking and groups/chat features

Appreciate that locus is hiking/travel based first priority

but there are SAR people here that use locus,

and airsofters might be a good market as well to get more subscribers.

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Alistair,

interesting video, thanks for sharing. This is a little more complicated topic. There seems to be many interesting features, but all are quite off for hike & bike usage, as you wrote. Interesting is really mainly live-tracking feature. This is for now for almost two years without active development anyway we plan (probably already for this year) to start integrating live tracking system into new web.locusmap.app portal. And here it may starts to be interesting :). Anyway we do not have exact plans about this functionality.

Locus Map is already used by many SAR teams around the world änd I fully agree that more feature-rich live tracking is probably what is missing most ...

Anyway if we may agree that live-tracking should be enhanced, than I may close this topic because we may discuss live tracking a little later with specialized topics. Thanks for understanding.

Jiří M. aka Menion

photo

Hi, thats great, live tracking was the main features I took from it as well.. Thanks

Replies have been locked on this page!