This object is in archive! 

Avg and max speed error

Jean Claude Ragon shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hello,

There is à problem with the track statistic page. It seems the max speed is blocked to 6.5km/h. The speed in movment is 6.8km/h on the track record. In the gpx the max speed is 7.3km/h. I join the gpx file and screenshot.

Have you an idea ?

Thanks for advance.

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Jean Claude,

I can't simulate the problem. The GPX you sent contains corrrect values:

20ecd3752378f3c53d843ff88d73a1e6

Do you have any more tracks with wrong speed?

photo

Hi Michal,

It's very strange. I imported the gpx file I sent you, and then the max speed is correct in statistic page. It seems the problem should be appears just after the recording track. At this moment, the max speed is not correct in statistics. For me, it is not a big problem, I prefer avg speed in movment and best interval. It's just strange to have different values after recording track and after import gpx file.

Thanks for your help.

Jean Claude

photo

Hi Jean Claude,

does this happen all the time? Or is this a single case? We'll have a look at filtering the raw statistics after the track recording anyway.

photo

Michal,

Not all the time. In the joined screenshot, the max speed is OK. The tracks are been created with the same profile.

photo

When recording a track, Locus calculates the statistics in a "raw" mode. When the track is saved, all stats are recalculated and optimized in order to remove deviations and errors. The issue you reported probably originates in the "raw" calculation but we agree that the max speed should not be lower than the avg one. Therefore, we'll check it out. Thanks!

photo

Michal,

Many thanks for your help.

Jean Claude

Replies have been locked on this page!