This object is in archive! 

Locus 3.57.1 does not rotate the map acc. to compass

germangeo shared this problem 2 years ago
Not a Problem

Locus 3.57.1 does not rotate the map acc. to compass. If I choose rotate the map, the map rotates jus some degrees an stops tjan rotating - does not rotate further of I turn the Galaxy S9 I use. IT used to work for many years an this Phone and its predecisors.

Using the compass function works without any problems - I turn the Smartphone and the compass' needle turns smooth aß IT should. So tje compass seems to bee okay and Shows the right direction.

Please help.

Replies (9)

photo

Yes, as I wrote, the compass in Locus and gmaps works fine and I have calibrated it several Times.

The thing is, that the map does not turn proprly. 😰

photo

Do you have the "hardware compass" or "Auto-change" switched on in Locus settings > GPS&sensors > Map rotation mode?

photo

I usw Automatisch, 3.6kmh

Tatsächliche Ausrichtung verwenden

Kompatibilität =aus

photo

Have you tried the Compatibility mode ON?

photo

Any ideas?

photo

I think, I have the solution:

I first have to center the map to the GPS Position by the GPS Button. Done this, the map seems to compass-rotate properly again 🤩

photo

Yes, the map can rotate only when the GPS location is centered.

photo

Hello Michal

as @ freischneider wrote rotate map work with LM4 if map is not centered and also without GPS on!

BTW, if user create a backup from settings inside LM4 and load this backup with LMP map rotation work as wanted from @germangeo

photo

As @Menion said, rotation without GPS centered makes no sense. However, it can be activated in LM 4 - expert settings by disabling the dual centering button. That's for those who think it makes sense. Unfortunately, it's not available for LM Pro users, unless they "hack" it as you wrote :)

photo

In LM4 that works for me. I am not centered but the map rotates automatically. maybe it's the expert settings. I disabled dual centering button

photo

I'm wondering why it was like that all the years before, If it doesn't make sense And why there's a Setting for it in LM4.

And why does it make no sense?

If i'm on a hill for example and want to define what's around me it doesn't make sense that Rotation stops if i zoom out a bit.

If i don't want Rotation i simply tip on the Button for it.

I don't understand what kind of Feature it is, that a function i activated, stops without asking me.

For me it would be nice to have that Setting in my LMP, too.

Too bad :/

photo

Hi timmy,

as long as map is centered on your location, rotation is active. In the moment, you move a map, rotation is paused. Main advantage is that when you move with the map manually, it does not rotate under your finder so you may still see exactly what you need to see. I found this extremly useful and based on the feedback, I'm not the only one (btw. initial idea comes from Google Maps).

photo

Not good. I think this is a step to the wrong direction.

Replies have been locked on this page!