This object is in archive! 

Extract thumbnail from url attachment

Alistair Parsons shared this idea 2 years ago
Declined

if you add a photo attachement, it copies to media folder

if you add a url to a web hosted image, like google photos

it works fine if you click on the url to view the image

Is it possible to grab the image and use as photo thumbnail?

This might work well with web planner, you could easily copy and paste from anotehr website ( facebook, google photos, and otehr image source)

Replies (1)

photo

Hello,

how do you add a photo as Url to the app directly over URL? Over a GPX file? Because otherwise if added over the "Add url" button, it behave as a simple clickable link, so there is also no space for a thumbnail.

Menion

photo

at the moment copy and paste the url from the photos app to the links>url field

if locus saw the url was from google photos or other image hosting, could it grab a thumbnail and set as icon?

This is just a fix to be able to use google photos with locus, and to use images with the web planner..

photo

Hmm, the correct method of how to add photos to the app is over the "Select photo" button. Photo added over the link as you try is a problem because the app is unable to recognize if the link is a photo or not. I see the only solution to allow directly adding the "Add photo over link" option. Hmm, not sure if this is really useful for more users than just you ... :)

39f6b3ce6b9a94833809bdbd90d309c2

photo

Hmm I was just trying it and seems that it still won't simply work. Google Photos shared link does not directly point to photo, but to the page that display photo inside. So app is not able to directly create a thumbnail. So "Select photo" is really your friend for now. Thanks for understanding.

photo

Hi

Thanks for looking in to.

In google photos, while you can select a photo, get create link, paste this in to the url field

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cx3kJ3dUL6Tb123456

Theres no way for locus to grab the thumbnail, so i will abandon google photos.

Is there a plan to integrate photo syncing for gold members?

whats the situation re A12 and photo folders

as in if we put photos in Sdcard\Pictures\subfolders as photo poi, will they stop working with A12

photo

Hi, I'm double-checking it, and seems that link like you created, just continue to another web page over the so-called "Redirect" and on this second page is really a full web page. So the link does not point directly to a single photo and the app can't generate a thumbnail here or use it as another photo in the "Images" view at top of point detail, sorry.

photo

while there is a google photos api, i imagine the cost to integrate wouldnt be worth it.

Will be interested to see how photo sync with locus cloud will work....Thanks again for looking in to

photo

Hmm, if there is such complex API then yes, it may be doable. But as you wrote ... it really does not worth it to integrate this on the Locus Map side.

Replies have been locked on this page!