This object is in archive! 

Points without location or group description

Alistair Parsons shared this idea 2 years ago
Declined

At the moment , every POI has to have a location

Would it be possible to be able to save a POI that doesnt have coordinates

the reason being in every folder, you might want to have notes that apply to the folder

so you could have a a POI called notes, and in the description could be some notes about the whole POI category

Another option would be to have a more details page for each category, to add things like attchments, url, etc that might be relevant to the whole folder.

This might be relevant to tracks/routes

for quick navigating...

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Alistair,

points without a location is quite crazy idea :). Anyway, the description for categories is of course doable. Important to me is why it should be useful, where you would like to see this description etc. I can't see a clear benefit of this idea to be true, mainly compared to extra work.

I have for quite a long time in my head the idea of so-called "Trips". I imagine it as a custom collection of points & tracks with extra information about "trip". So probably this is something you want to achieve as well?

photo

Hi

yes Trips sounds brilliant idea, it would achieve what I had in mind

an example use:

A user might have a folder called "London interesting places" with a lot poi containing places, some that have been visited, some that are planning to vist it

If there was a Trip called "Holiday London 2022"

it would make sense to be able to have attachments, like pdf of campsite infomation, URL to travel infomartion and other attachments just like the POI attachments and details.

You could then selct poi from ""London interesting places" that you plan to visit

put in a plan to visit section/label

as you visit them they could eb moved to a have visited label

tracks that you record added to the trip, and routes that are just for this trip could be added

Trips sounds lik3 a very usefull idea

also from the poi/track/route organiser, you should be able to add an item to a trip. and which trips an item has been included with.

photo

Yes, something like this I have in my mind for a very long time, and seems that based on the few discussions in the team last year, this is something others would like to work on as well ... so wish us time for this task :).

So, if you agree, I'll close this topic. Thanks for understanding.

photo

Excellent, looking forward to the new feature!

Many Thanks

Replies have been locked on this page!