This object is in archive! 

Downloaded map doesn' t show up

Uwe Deutscher shared this problem 2 years ago
Closed

I just downloaded a map of a part of the Netherlands.

It showed about 4k tiles to be downloaded and took about half an hour.

But all I see is what I put in the screenshot.

The mapmanager pretends the new to be there, but I can't use it!

What is wrong?

How do I fix this?

KR

Uwe

Replies (5)

photo

This is the map file which took 30 minutes too download and pretended to download 4k tiles.

Why doesn't it work?

photo

Der Upload der Kartenkacheln hat nicht funktioniert, da die Datei Haarlem.sqlitedb größer als 2 MB ist und Uploads größer als 2 MB hier nicht unterstützt werden.

Es handelt sich um Kartenkacheln von Haarlem in den Niederlanden und die Karte Hike&Bike.

photo

Hi Uwe,

unfortunately, the provider of the Hike/Bike map abandoned the service some time ago. The app version you use doesn't reflect this fact yet. Please update on the latest version and download some other maps.

regards

Michal Stupka, Locus team

photo

Ich habe die derzeit aktuellste Version von Locus Pro für mein Sony Xperia XZ Premium installiert.

Ich verwende Locus Pro zum Radwandern und alle meine Offline Karten sind Hike&Bike.

Welche vergleichbaren Alternativen empfehlen Sie?

Ich habe sowieso noch ein Bedienungsproblem:

Meine Karten umfassen jeweils etwa 100 km mal 100 km in der Auflösung bis 16.

Das sind dann jeweils ziemlich viele Kacheln.

Wenn sich in einem kleinen Bereich so einer Karte etwas verändert, wie kann ich dann nur diesen Bereich aktualisieren, ohne die gesamte Karte aktualisieren zu müssen?

Das Problem ist, wenn ich nur diesen kleinen Bereich aktualisiert habe, fragt mich Locus, ob ich die Karte umbenennen möchte.

Dann hätte ich aber eine neue Karte und die bisherige wäre nicht aktualisiert.

Benenne ich die Karte nicht um, wird dann die bisherige große Karte gelöscht und nur durch den kleinen aktualisierten Ausschnitt ersetzt?

Wie muß ich vorgehen?

Viele Grüße aus Herne,

Uwe

photo

Primarily, we recommend LoMaps - they are vector maps so they are accurate, sharp, can be zoomed down to zoom 22, contain offline addresses, elevation data, can be themed (hike/bike/ski/road/town), contain LoPoints (dynamic points of interest) and they cover the whole world.

Partial map update - regarding the fact that the Hike/bike map provider ended its activity, this method is irrelevant for you now.

photo

Thank you!

I have other map tile based maps as well.

How do I proceed a partial update with those?

How is it done with vector maps?

KR

Uwe

photo

How do I proceed a partial update with those?

- select "Supplementary download" in the advanced settings of the download - more at https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:maps_download#advanced_options_and_confirmation

How is it done with vector maps?

- vector maps are always downloaded in whole packages containing a country or a region.

Replies have been locked on this page!