This object is in archive! 

What is going on with my points? Descriptive text in map view

Keksbande shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

As of today I have a totally weird behavior of Locus Map 4.

As the screenshot shows, all my points (both geocache points and manually added points) always show the descriptive text below the point independent whether I clicked on the point or not. This makes the map view kind of unusable, since the map is no longer visible behind all the point descriptions....

I have no idea how I got in this mixup. All was fine yesterday. And there was no update overnight.

I did a backup of my settings, then deinstalled the app and reinstalled it. The weird display was shown even in the default setup (before I re-imported my backup). So I would assume that it is not caused by some configuration I might have accidently changed.

Nevertheless I tried to check the configuration settings, but could not find one which might cause this.

Any hint would be very much appreciated.

Replies (6)

photo

Hi,

go to Locus settings > Points&tracks > Point label > select "Never" or "On hover"

photo

I changed app language to english to make sure that I do the right thing... Then I tried both "Never" and "On hover". Both changes did exactly nothing :( Do I need to do something else after changing this? Maybe save it (cant find a save button)? A forced shutdown of the app and restart did not change anything either.

photo

Nothing else should be needed, just close the settings box and get out of the settings section. Perhaps, try settings > miscellaneous > clear temporary data...

photo

Nope :( No change

photo

Hi

I suspect you have put your geocaches in one or more folders.

If yes, then open the folder(s) with the 3 dot button >Edit >"Show on map" open arrow down and select General settings

photo

You are my hero of the day :) Definitely not self-explaining, but it worked. Thanks a lot.

Replies have been locked on this page!