This object is in archive! 

4.8.1 - not possible to toggle the Dashboard anymore

Evgeni Nikolov shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Team, I see that you have done several improvements in the recent release of the application. Unfortunately with the redesign of the Dashboard functionality you changed/broke a very useful (for me at least) feature - being able to toggle the Dashboard.

My use case is following - when I ride bicycle for training instead of recreation, I am more concentrated on the KPIs (speed, cadence, heartrate, calories) shown on the Dashboard and I don't care much about the map. However when I arrive to a junction where I need to know the direction, I switch off the Dashboard for a while and then I switch it on back. Now it takes several clicks to get this done, which is inconvenient while riding or jogging.

Is there a way to achieve this functionality in a different way?

Replies (3)

photo

If you have tasker, you can call a preset via the api, and choose the dashboard

i use that to shake phone to show dashboard, and shake again to hide....

photo

I have tasker, but the point is that my phone is mounted on the handlebar of my bicycle. So your suggestion is not an option.

Nevertheless, thx for the idea!

photo

you could also toggle by bluetooth remote, smartwatch

i use my amazfit trex hardware button...

photo

@ Alistair Parsons: Are you on the forum too ? Would love to write to you about the smartwatch. Unfortunately, you can not write here.

photo

Well, I don't want to be distracted by using smartwatch, moreover it is not convenient while riding a bicycle.

I prefer to get a toggle button for the dashboards. I don't believe it is a rocket science...

photo

You could use tasker to have an overlay button to toggle the dashboard with the locus api

and tasker interface could toggle it.

i only shake it as when walking with gloves on....

you could probably toggle sith screen taps as well or phone hardware button depending on phone/android version

photo

This is a good hint, thx!

photo

Falcos tasker plugin is excellent for use with locus, makes tasker much easier to integrate.

I think that rather than making changes to locus that only benefit small number of people, and might complicate the menu system/ui further, much better to add api features, that can then be used by tasker.

There are a large amount of mainstream features that need prioritisng, but it is amazing how many feature requests have already been added over the years, ive had several of my requests added. but far more were not viable.

photo

Locus is a swiss army knife and there are as many use cases as users. I surely agree with you, that if my use case is needed only by minority of the user base, it could be abandoned or put in the backlog with lower priority.

photo

<quote>"It is amazing how many feature requests have been added over the years."

Correct, but don't be fooled by this because some requests have been repeated with minor variations.

Which also means that "votes" so are not powerfully bundled.

photo

i just meant its cool seeing some of my requests featured eventually

Locus does seem very responsive to user feedback

viewranger wasnt very...

photo

Hello,

unfortunately, there is no fast "toggle" at this time.

We updated how the button works with regard to the feedback of users, but your use case is opposite to this.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Thank you, Zdenek and appreciate your reply.

If you don't mind, I will open a ticket of type "Idea" in order to let the other users to vote for this. Please feel free to close it in case it does not collect enough votes to reconsider this functionality.

Regards,

Evgeni

Replies have been locked on this page!