This object is in archive! 

Target selection for map tile download starts at the wrong directory

tkansgar shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hi,

when I want to update my offline map, the selection of the target map database now starts at the wrong directory (s. first screenshot). I first have to select "maps" to be able to select my offline map database (s. second screenshot). With older versions the selection of the target map database started at the latter one. Is it possible to get back this former behaviour?

BR

tkansgar

Replies (2)

photo

Hi,

the problem was only in the first selecting of the map directory - it's been just fixed. When you trigger the same action next time, you'll be shown directly to the the map directory.

photo

Hi Michal,

I don't know, where you fixed something, but the issue I reported is still exiting in version 4.8.2. Do the following (the english wording maybe wrong here, I use the german version):

1. Go into the "Map Manager"
  2. Select Tab "ONLINE"
  3. Tap on "4UMaps"
  4. Open the menu of "Outdoor"
  5. Select "Download"
  6. Tap on "Current View"
  7. Tap on the bottom left check mark
  8. Under "Download Type" tap on "Own Map (SQL)"
  9. Select "Expand existing map (SQL".

Now the directory in my first screenshot is displayed. Here I first have to select "maps" to be able to select my offline map database. This procedure is each time the same, not only the first one.

BR

tkansgar

photo

The problem was of course fixed in the app code - not in the app version that is available publicly at the moment. The change will come into effect after the new app version is released.

photo

Ah, ok! I understand. Many thanks!

photo

Hi Michal,

in which version will this be fixed? Currently I have 4.11.0 (the newest one I think), and after doing the steps above still the directory in my first screenshot is displayed as before.

BR

tkansgar

photo

Hi, the error was probably not adequately fixed last time and the issue has occurred again. We are very sorry for that. Hopefully it'll be OK in the next app version.

Replies have been locked on this page!