This object is in archive! 

IGN map resolution

Avikam Perry shared this problem 2 years ago
Solved

Hi,

I'm using the product for quite a while and since the last few months I have noticed that I can't get the same map resolution in the IGN maps any more.

Even downloading the map with all levels of details (up to 18 ) doesn't help to get it the high resolution.

I upgraded to version 4 , it didn't solve the problem.

I'm attaching two photos of the same location in high resolution, one with the current version and the other one was downloaded a year ago.

You can see the difference in the details.

Tnx

Avikam Perry

Replies (11)

photo

Hi,

I'm sorry for complications. Honestly we don't why the last zoom is missing. We contacted the IGN support to find out more.

I'll stay in touch

Thank you for understanding

photo

Hello,

Having the same trouble with locus 4 (silver premium).

Thanks.

photo

Hi,

we've contacted the IGN office to find out more. IGN states that the most detailed zoom (source names as "SCAN-EXPRESS" ) was remove because it was an old scanned and not update map. There is no official replacement at this moment. We'll check if there is another IGN map we can substitute the most detailed level. Maybe the Planv2 could be helpful.

Thank you for understanding. I'll keep you in touch

Petr

-- FR --

Bonjour

nous avons contacté le bureau de l'IGN pour obtenir plus d'informations. L'IGN affirme que le zoom le plus détaillé (dont le nom de la source est "SCAN-EXPRESS") a été supprimé car il s'agissait d'une ancienne carte scannée et non mise à jour. Il n'y a pas de remplacement officiel à l'heure actuelle. Nous verrons s'il existe une autre carte IGN qui pourrait remplacer le niveau le plus détaillé. La carte de Planv2 pourrait peut-être vous aider.

Merci de votre compréhension. Je reste en contact avec vous

Peter

photo

Hi,

Tnx for the quick response.

I hope it will be solve soon.

Avikam Perry

photo

Hi,

the mentioned SCAN-EXPRESS layer is really remove and there is no official replacement for this layer. There is an official statement

https://geoservices.ign.fr/actualites/2021-10-05-arret-de-la-diffusion-du-scan-express

We'll try to use mentioned Plan V2 layer for the most detailed zoom-level.

photo

Fine, it would be great to have this layer.

Thanks for the search and the news.

DM.

photo

hi,

TNX.

could you please let us know when it will be incorporated in the product and whether I have to do something in order to make it active.

TNX again

Avikam

photo

Hi,

we focused on IGN maps yesterday but unfortunately it's not possible for us to replace the last zoom with different map. Anyway, we'll add a new IGN map - "Plan V2" that's more detailed. So it'll be possible to switch IGN topo to IGN Plan V2 for detailed zooms. The new map will be available in the next Locus Map version.

-- FR --

nous nous sommes concentrés sur les cartes IGN hier mais malheureusement il ne nous est pas possible de remplacer le dernier zoom par une carte différente. De toute façon, nous allons ajouter une nouvelle carte IGN - "Plan V2" qui est plus détaillée. Il sera donc possible de passer du topo IGN au Plan V2 IGN pour les zooms détaillés. La nouvelle carte sera disponible dans la prochaine version de Locus Map.

Thanks, Petr

photo

Great news😀 TNX

Avikam

photo

I'm glad to hear it. Thanks

photo

Fine !

Locus allways on top 😃

Thanks !

photo

hi Petr, 

TNX for the new IGN V2 map you added.

Unfortunately the original IGN maps are no longer available.

please help

TNX

Avikam Perry

On 14 באפריל 2022 11:40:04 Locus Map <locus.map@asamm.com> wrote:

photo

Hi,

I'm sorry but is there any problem with IGN Topo map, please? Could I ask you for more info, please? Can you display the IGN Topo map?

Thanks, Petr

photo

hi Petr,

TNX for the quick response.

The problem in the new version is that I can't see anything (doesn't load any tile) when I chose IGN online map.

The new IGN V2 map is ok but doesn't have download capabilities. So I can't download any map really.

TNX again for taking care of it.

Avikam Perry

On 4 במאי 2022 15:35:03 Locus Map <locus.map@asamm.com> wrote:

photo

Would be possible to create a short video, where you select the Maps > Online > IGN > Cartes IGN and try to zoom-in /zoom-out. I would suggest AZ Screen Recorder for screen recording: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hecorat.screenrecorder.free

Thanks, Petr

Replies have been locked on this page!