This object is in archive! 

Navigation waypoints on track

Jan Götze shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

While I'm planing a route I got navigation waypoints on a part of the track. These are so many, that I can't see the track anymore. But the points are only on a part of the track.

How can I disable the display of these points?

Replies (8)

photo

I now made a copy of the track. And the copy is also displayed with the navigation waypoints.

photo

I inserted a shaping point and deleted and the problem was fixed.

Maybe I found a bug?

If it's a feature, I'm wondering that there are navigation waypoints only on a part of the track. And I didn't find the switch to turn it off.

photo

Hi Jan,

go to Locus settings > Points&tracks > Show navigation commands on map - switch it OFF.

photo

That was switched off. Until now, these points were not displayed to me either. And what makes me sceptical: the points were only displayed on a part of the track.

I have now deleted the track and created a new one. The problem has not reoccurred so far.

photo

And again: I made a (large) track visible and the track got navigation waypoints. I also opened it in route planner. So I don't exactly know when it happened. And again the waypoints are visible only on about the second half of the track.

The option for displaying the waypoints is turned off in overall settings. In preset settings I didn't find it.

photo

Hi Jan, may I assume that it is not so much the discrete "blue dots" that are disturbing but rather the turn Icons ?

I expect these turn Icons to be visible on the map as well, only when you point to a blue dot exactly.

I know that these Icons are sometimes visible for a longer time, even when you don't point them out anymore.

The phenomenon also shows a rather variable behaviour. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, depending on how you click on the map.

Once the icons are visible, it is sometimes difficult to get rid of them. A bit annoying.

This phenomenon is already present in Locus for several years.

Jan, another thing. About your last message. Tested correctly ?

If by the Locus setting OFF, the blue dots are hidden, and not visible in a navigation capable track, then the turn Icons do not appear even when hoovering the map over well known turn locations. No ?

photo

Me again, sorry.

Basically: whether I have switched on or off the switch for displaying the navigation instructions makes no difference.

The curious thing is that the instructions are only displayed for about half of the route.

And just now it happened again: I added a waypoint manually and then the navigation instructions were on again for half of the route.

That is a strange behaviour.

Edit: opening such a track again brings navigation instructions to the hole track. But in a strange displaying mode (screenshot).

photo

I think I found the problem: when recalculating the route, there's an option "include navigation commands".

I never recalculated when it happend. But I added waypoints and then LM is (re)calculating the route. Maybe there's a bug that the option in some cases will be set.

Replies have been locked on this page!