Web planner - Opencyclemap layer

Paweł Dragan shared this idea 23 months ago
Gathering feedback

Hi,

I use web planner for my bike trips mainly (and app for navigation). It would be great to have Opencyclemap as a layer available for planning. Or maybe CyclOSM - similar, and some user might find it a better option.

These maps give you better view of cycling tracks, especially in larger scale, a lot better for quickly finding them. It makes it easier to plan your route when you have a broader view with tracks visible. Also, it helps recognize bicycle tracks from hiking ones.

Regards,

Paweł

Replies (3)

photo

A must have for me to leave komoot...

For now it's hard to find bike routes on current lomaps. We need opencyclemaps or specific theme for lomaps to highlights bike routes.

Thanks for your help @locusteam !

photo

Hi,

thank you for the idea. I can agree that bike routes could be visible in LoMaps at a smaller scale (when zoomed out). Could I still ask you for more details why are OpenCycleMap preferred for you? Is there any data missing from LoMaps, please? Is the information whether it is a national or local route, etc. important to you?

I can only say that in the long term we are planning to add more maps but at the moment I can't promise any exact date or which maps have been added.

Thanks, Petr

photo

I like loMaps, but for planning a bike trip bike routes have a better visibility on opencyclemaps at lowest zoom levels. Have a look to the screenshot of my neighborhood ;) It's a very important feature when you want to plan a multi day bike trip.

89ceaec059ca702af459485cb11d6d95

25abb1308bd5dc1fdd9d9d218fa8623b

photo
photo

I completly agree. An option to let cyle path visible with zoom out can be an alternativ....

Leave a Comment

Attach a file