This object is in archive! 

Inaccurate track recording

Kálóczi Kanóc Antal shared this problem 23 months ago
Not a Problem

the program has repeatedly failed to find a gps signal at startup. when you later find the gps signal, you will randomly draw a trail. which would be okay if you put it around the route you traveled. but today he was counting just 10 km of deviation in a matter of minutes. I hadn’t even set off (I was standing next to my bike in the yard) and I already found myself in the neighboring village.

now it happened with locus map 4, but i also encountered the same problem with locus map 3 classic.

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Antal,

- firstly, please get Locus Map permission for all-time access to location and exclude Locus from all means of battery optimization so that the app can run in the background. Instructions on how to do it are summed up here: http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:faq:gps_lost_fix_android6 or here: https://dontkillmyapp.com/.

- Locus Map processes location from the data it receives from your phone GPS. If the data are incorrect or contain huge deviations, then the resulting elevation gain is also incorrect. Locus Map, however, offers a few methods on how to limit these deviations.

Open Locus settings > GPS&sensors:

• Location filter > select medium or heavier filter
  • Google Services assisted location > turn it ON
  • Altitude manager > settings tab > SRTM data - select "Optimize GPS values" or "Replace GPS values"
  • Altitude manager > settings tab > Pressure sensor > turn ON (if available)
  • Altitude manager > settings tab > Altitude filter - select medium or heavier filter

Regards,

Michal Stupka, Locus team

photo

Hi!

thanks for the answer!

I gave you the permissions a long time ago, I checked the settings and what wasn't the way you wrote it was changed. i will try and signal if something is not working well.

Have a nice day!

photo

Hello!

today again the program did not find a gps signal and again a distance of about 8 km was drawn as a start to start, while the actual distance is 1.5 km. could it somehow not be possible for the program not to guess but to start recording from where it received the signal? this route drawn in an overhead line makes no sense.

thanks in advance for s help!

Hi!

photo

Hi Antal,

after the analysis and testing we haven't found anything in the app that should cause this problem. The only thing could have changed - Google location services. Try to switch off "Google Services assisted location" in Locus settings > GPS&sensors and let us know if it helps. Thanks!

photo

ok i will try and signal if it works.

have a nice day! :D

photo

Hi Antal,

how about the "Google Services assisted location" OFF, did it help?

photo

Hi!

i had to switch back because i had to wait 4-5 minutes for the gps signal. however, the error has not occurred since.

have a nice day!

Replies have been locked on this page!