Inserting a shaping point without a longpress

Jan Götze shared this idea 22 months ago
Gathering feedback

In the route planner, the buttons for start and end are available for direct use. Only with a longpress can you insert a shaping point. Why not place the button for the shaping points between the permanently present buttons for start and destination? This would make route planning with many shaping points much easier. And there would be enough space for this button.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Jan,

may you please post a screenshot that explains what you mean by "buttons for start and end"? Thanks. Because I'm not sure what you mean by this idea.

photo

Sorry, my mistake. Not the buttons for start end end. I meant the add/remove buttons for endpoints in route planner.

In my screen I have a start- and endpoint. To change the route I need to longpress at the cursor point and get the add button for points between start and end.

While I longpress at the cursor point, It very often moves the map by a few milimetres. So it would be great to directly have a button for shaping points between the red add/remove buttons.

photo

As a result, we have less visible card again. I am against it.

photo
photo

Hello Jan, thanks for the explanation, understand.

There is also another option > grab by the finger the red circle in the middle of the nearest segment and move it to the desired place.

As I think about it, I'm really worried that the extra button in the middle will complicate control. Now it is pretty simple > left remove last, right add new at the center. You do not even have to look at these buttons. This should change with the third in the middle. Also usually you add new points and such modifications come a little later, so most of the time, this third button will be useless.

I see a problem in the long-click > how often does it happen to you that long-click move with the map?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file