This object is in archive! 

There is no preliminary viewing of photos in waypoints with photography.

Trantor shared this problem 2 years ago
Solved

Hello!

There is a waypoint with a photograph. Previously, if you click on it, a preview of the photo with data at the point will appear.

Now I noticed that instead of previewing the photo, there is a www icon with an exclamation mark.

Those photos that were previously visible were not visible now.

Locus Map Classic 3.61.0

Android 10

Replies (5)

photo

When adding an image from another source: It would make sense to copy the image to " Locus/data/media/photo ".

This way all images are always available in Locus. When I install it on a new device and copy the Locus folder, all data is available. Please change accordingly.

photo

Images are in Locus/data/media/photo.

And from there were not moved or deleted.

photo

even more important I think so that the users know what is saved and what is not. And where the not backed up is located.

I know that now after the first data loss. But there are users who build a database with points and information (picture, voice recording...). And after a few years everything is gone.

A hint should at least be in the manual. https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:points:add

at the bottom

And under Backup there should also be a note about saved data: https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:tools:backup

It says here that attached media are not backed up. But no hint how I can do that.

There are more things that are not backed up. As far as I know calibrated cards.

There should also be a reference to this help article in the app. E.g. Attention Important read

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

photo

I have exactly the same problem with 3.61 and Android 10. The photo is in DCIM/subfolder/ But if I tip on the www symbol, the photo is shown as usual.

Photo's in DCIM are shown in the popup but if I tip the tiny photo symbol then again the same popup comes in view with the www symbol. Tipping the www symbol again shows the the full photo.

photo

Since we are short before a 3 weeks hike, I am hoping this update is coming soon.

About photo management in general:

I am still organising the photo's on my phone in separate folders. My recent new phone with Android 12 does (also) not allow to switch off any folders within DCIM. I am afraid this will sooner or later slow down Locus. (Note: my wife has about 4500 photo's with location on her phone (Android 11; and it still is not slowing down).

But maybe only showing them in a 100 km circle would be better unless unless the calculation inside for that will be even slower.

Anyway, my only wish for my new (handicapped by Google) phone would be a sidebar button for showing/not showing any photo, a quickswitch.

photo

method to bulk modify the photo location path in all POI/waypoints would be usefull

for moving photo collection around to different folders

Replies have been locked on this page!