This object is in archive! 

Organizing raster maps

Martin Stevenson shared this problem 21 months ago
Solved

Is there an alternative way to avoid the automatic merging of raster maps that are placed into a folder under Locus' maps directory other than placing each map into its own folder before moving it into a region's folder?

Over the years, I have built up a large database of raster maps for use in Locus. I have them organized in folders by region. I am trying to install this database in the SD card of a new Android 11 phone. Since linking to a non-private directory is not supported for Android 11, I set Locus's default maps directory to the "Private folder on SD card". I then copied a backup copy of the map folder structure from my previous phone to this directory using a USB cable.

What I found was that when I started Locus, it merged all the maps within each folder into what it presented as a single map. This is not what I want since each region has an assortment of satellite images, topographic maps, and other specialized maps. When I attempted to load these merged maps, what I got at best was a display with a mosaic of different map styles. Some of the merged maps were so large that Locus (or my new phone?) couldn't handle it.

I did verify that I could suppress the merging for one region's folder by creating a folder for each map within that folder and then moving each map into its own folder. However, this is a very tedious task. I am not looking forward to doing it for my entire existing database and any new map files I download.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello,

you can try to add "_split" sufix to the folders you want to keep as a separate maps.

For example name the folder "MyMaps_split".

It should help.

Regards,

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

That did it thank you very much!

photo

You may consider this ticket closed.  I did send an e-mail that said "That did it thank you very much!" to the e-mailed response I received "

Hello,

you can try to add "_split" suffix to the folders you want to keep as a separate maps.

For example name the folder "MyMaps_split".

It should help.

Regards,

Zdenek, Locus team

"

Replies have been locked on this page!