This object is in archive! 

Find boundary stone via coordinate

Axel Kohlgrueber shared this question 20 months ago
Answered

Hello all,

I am using Locus with u-blox F9P GNSS sensor for boundary stone search in cm accuracy.

I want to enter the coordinates manually and then let Locus guide me there in a crosshair.

Replies (4)

photo

First solution,

I created a point symbol and gave it the boundary coordinates. I can then navigate there.

How can I create a crosshair symbol, with fine threads.

photo

I found a first answer myself. I set a point object with manual input of the coordinates.

The most suitable point object would be a crosshair with three or four rings, each about 5 m apart. That is, with a clear, fine centre.

How do I create such a point object?

Can I offset a kmz map that I have referenced with the map calibrator?

photo

Hello Alex

if you mean with "offset a kmz map"

to display this map, than yes if the kmz is max 15-20MB

Store the kmz under Locus/mapitems and use it as mapitem

Wolfgang

photo

Hello Alex

As far as I know, there is no crosshair icon that follows the zoom levels.

As a display help you could display distance circles, the smallest circle is then 10m.

Additionally you can optionally see a circle of the GPS accuracy and its value in the header.

and if you use LM4 you can set the accuracy of the coordinate to 6 decimal places for more precision in the expert settings.

dc1d85fe25dbc05cc476148940f706f5

photo

Hello balloni,

thank you very much for your help.

I had seen right after my first post that you can use a suitable point icon to enter the point coordinates.

A fine crosshair would be better, but it also works like this.

You just have to know where the "centre" is or on which pixel exactly the coordinate is snapped.

photo

Hello Alex

you can build your own Icons and if they should be displayed "centered" name them xxx_hscc.png

as described

https://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:advanced:customization:icons

Replies have been locked on this page!