This object is in archive! 

Import gpx file with multiple gpx-tracks

Sven Reiten shared this problem 20 months ago
Solved

I'm trying to move my gpx-tracks/poi's from Viewranger (VR) to Locus.

I've exported the tracks/poi (650 tracks, 300 poi) into a single GPX-file thru VR. I'm not able, to my knowledge, to get single files thru VR.

When importing into Locus only about half of the tracks are found/imported. I know from importing the file into other programs that all the tracks/poi are included into the "collective GPX-file".

I have also tried using the web-planner to import my files (I'm a gold member), but the file is to big, approximately 15 mb (max thru planner is 10 mb).

How can i solve this? I have tried 10-15 other map-applications after being shut out from VR, and Locus is the only one that remotely can live up to VR.

Hoping to solve this!!

Best regards

Sven Reiten

Best Answer
photo

When open in gps track editor.

Anyway keep the original file apart !

(It contains also 1 route...gps track editor converts this in a track...by set a prefered speed at import dialog)

Save as new gpx track. (contains only the tracks)

Open the original VR track and import in Locus

In the points folder VR the total (count = 354) Keep.

Import the new track and overwrite the first not completed tracks in the VR tracks folder.

This new track file imports correctly in Locus into the VR track folder (Count 572)

Replies (5)

photo

VR ?

Are these files to import recorded gpx (trk) tracks ?

Hopefully no gpx (rte) routes generated by VR.

Compress them all into a single zip file.

Import this file directly into Locus map app.

Suggest to save in:

New track folder VR

New point folder VR.

You test.

photo

Tried importing a zip-file in web planner. This then says no other files than gpx are allowed.

/ Sven R

photo

VR = viewranger in my post.

All the tracks are recorded in Viewranger and exported thru the ap. But, they all get bundled into one "bit file".

The bundle-gpx-file itself works fine in other aps where all gpx-tracks are imported without problems. But, those aps don't fit my use. Locus seems to do. This is why I so badly want to import my "old tracks" into Locus.

Will try to zip the bundle-gpx to see if this makes a difference.

Importing via the ap works, but it then only imports half of the files....

/Sven R

photo

OK. Yes VR= ViewRanger was clear for me, I did only wonder if recorded trk or rte by the VR planner.

I never imported so many track files at once. Max I tested are 10 multi gpx imports.

Does Locus map have a max limit import by multi gpx ?

Why half of the files than fail to import into Locus map is unclear for me too.

What I could think off is that a single file is maybe corrupt, but as you say you had a correct import in another app. What app ? Gpx Viewer ?

Validate check by a single file is possible by Notepad ++ with xml plug in.

But a gpx file import with 650 tracks in (pc) Notepad ++ will hang the program

Can you find all of your records in in the gps trackeditor program ?

http://www.gpstrackeditor.com/

Once again probably 650 files total is probably not possible by the above programs, and I never did test so many.

Sorry, no more ideas. So let's call the Locus team.

photo

Thank you for your reply. Wil tri the trackeditor later this evening!

photo

All of the tracks seem to function properly / come up as expected in gpstrackeditor.

/SR

photo

I have already imported 900 GPX tracks in a gpx into Locus. It has always worked. Can test it again tonight.

photo

Would be great.

photo

I have exported 1045 tracks to a file. Then imported the file and all 1045 tracks were imported.

I have imported their file. 157 tracks were imported.

Maybe try to export the tracks from VR again. Maybe tracks and points separately. And possibly also times as KML.

photo

Hello,

please can you share this exported file with us, so we can test it?

Send it in personal ticket and mention this topic.

Thank you.

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Hi. I've sent the file directely to you (if this is what you mean with personal ticket).

Let me know if there is some other way you would like to receive it.

/Sven R

photo

When open in gps track editor.

Anyway keep the original file apart !

(It contains also 1 route...gps track editor converts this in a track...by set a prefered speed at import dialog)

Save as new gpx track. (contains only the tracks)

Open the original VR track and import in Locus

In the points folder VR the total (count = 354) Keep.

Import the new track and overwrite the first not completed tracks in the VR tracks folder.

This new track file imports correctly in Locus into the VR track folder (Count 572)

photo

This solved A LOT! Thank you. There is supposed to be 650, but I'm closer than ever. I got 572 like you said. No idea where the last 80 went...?

photo

There are +96 tracks with only 1 trackpoint. I suppose Locus does not import single point tracks ?

b510df80ea39b96df5ab47e7cd28da65

photo

Hi. And sorry for my late reply, have missed this!

What program did you use to find this "list of tracks"? Most (maybe all) look like tracks I'v imported from something called DNT (where you can download gpx-tracks to follow).

If this seems to be the case these are mostely trips I've been planning to do, but haven't yet done. Therefor I don't mind as much if they won't show up in Locus (from my Viewranger-file).

/Sven R

photo

Display was by Garmin Mapsource.

photo

Hi guys, Sven,

thanks for the shared GPX file, it helped. There seems to be an issue in the Locus Map & method that read heart rate values. App expects an "integer" value, but there seems to be a "double" value. I've improved it and will be working correctly in the next (Beta) version.

Jiří M. aka Menion

EDIT: added result of "import" after fix

187ba1897057f833caf26c3ca71de64f

photo

Fantastic :)

Is the "new beta" allreayd one of the ones in the link?

a475e6d66c78f8792669cb3845648d5d

I have a bit of work ahead of me of categorizing the tracks/poi (669 + 354). But, will wait untill I can import them all at the same time so be sure there is no hickup.

Thank you for a fantastic ap and "customer service"!!

/Sven R

Files: 1.jpg
photo

You are gold and therefore have LM4. Then the 4.11.1.1 is the right one.

You have installed from the Play Store and therefore do not need the afa. With afa is only a memory limitation of google bypassed.

But you have to wait for the next beta. The beta 4.11.1.1 came a day before the post and then the change is not yet included.

Replies have been locked on this page!