This object is in archive! 

Use of IGN topographic maps offline

Gary Thorpe shared this question 18 months ago
Answered

My issue/question is that I want to use French IGN topographic maps offline with your android app. I have downloaded your app and I have read all the online help but I am still unsure of what subscriptions/level I need for both the LocusMap app and IGN in order to have complete map of France (or at least Brittany) available offline (on my SamrtPhpone) to use for hiking.

Thanking you in advance for your support, I hope you can advise me of what steps I need to take to achieve this.

Replies (5)

photo

Hi,

thank you for the question. There are two types of subscription in the Locus app. The Silver or Gold premium subscription (remove adds, unlock premium features etc.) The second type are the "product" subscription for maps.
IGN Online & Offline maps are available under IGN subscription. To subscribe the IGN Subscription: open Menu > Maps > Online > IGN > Topo > and process the payment. When subscribed you can download the custom area for offline usage Menu > Maps > Online > IGN > Download

Please feel free to contact me with the additional question
Best regards
Petr

photo

Hi,

Many thanks for your response.

So I understand what subscriptions I need to take but one more question.

For the IGN maps can I only use their online maps to draw and select an area for download but I cannot get complete maps such as 0716SB - BELLE-ISLE-EN-TERRE for example?

photo

Hi,

the best option is manual selection of area you'd like to download. To be honest it's possible to select whole country but I wouldn't suggest it. IGN Map are raster based and map size for whole France may be about dozens of GB. Please consider downloading smaller parts.

Thank you
Petr

photo

Hi, Thank you, one last question. Is it only IGN that can provide 1:25000 topo maps in your app?

photo

Hi,

there are several topo maps - for example the default LoMaps maps. I would suggest downloading LoMaps maps from Locus Store. LoMaps have a smaller size than online maps, the appearance can be influenced by themes. You get also offline addresses and POI database. Please see link below for more info about LoMaps https://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:maps_locusmaps

Thanks, Petr

Replies have been locked on this page!