This object is in archive! 

Web planner: Share button creates link that does not share map type, position and zoom

Georg D shared this problem 18 months ago
Solved

In web planner, I zoomed to a certain mountain and switched to winter map. Then I pressed the share icon. A link is created. When openend in the same browser session, it works fine, but when opening in another browser session like friends would do (simulated by private twindow), neither map type, position nor zoom are as intended.

A screen recording can't be uploaded here, inside Locus help desk, as attachement limit is 2MByte which is far too low for video. It's available for 1 year (afterwards trigger me to set the end date again +1 year) at https://c.1und1.de/@680167422824546433/CWZLgKkPQwGdavhCud9kzw/ROOT/ROOT

Replies (2)

photo

Hello,

at first - I think there is a little misunderstanding.

b40e56c4bed5028b284ee37b27b608ae

The "Share" button on the left belongs to the planner only. You can share the planned route this way, but if you have no route in there you share a blanc map and it is centered differently on the different clients.

If you want to share a point, you have to "right-click" on the map and share the point.

We made some improvements, so it will not be possible to share the "empty route" in the next version.

And you are right, that chosen map isn't shared correctly, so we'll add this to the shared link too, so in the next version, even the selected map will be shared.

Regards,

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Dear Zdenek,

what you announce for the next version seems helpful in my eyes 🙂

Would be great detail if you could also add a tooltipp to save, share and export buttons that does make clear what object these buttons work on (route only), e.g. "share route" – so similar like for a point, where we have "share point" and not only "share". Adding a tooltip instead changing the button text does not change current look but still makes the information available to users.

BTW, I did not recognize at all that points have a right click menu – probably, because after a very short mouse hovering, another context menu opens, looking different and offering different features. I always used that one. I wonder whether consolidating both context menus makes sense, for you developers (less maintenance) and for us users (all features available after both actions hover & right click) and for both of us (less misunderstanding potential)?

Regards, Georg

Replies have been locked on this page!