This object is in archive! 

Planner Locus - possible improvements

Waldemar Wawoczny shared this question 17 months ago
Answered

Hi,
I must admit that I finally appreciated Planner.
There are two important reasons:
1) When importing a route from GPX, it is mapped with 100% accuracy, regardless of the profile.
2) The points are numbered, which is very important when the route sections overlap. Then I have a direction task easier when I insert a new intermediate point.
but...
I believe that when it comes to profiles - it is a poor repertoire.

Waldek

Replies (7)

photo

Hello Waldemar,

so seems you (finally) like the planner, nice :). With the web.locusmap.app it is even better ;).

Anyway what exactly do you miss regards routing profiles? On this help desk is already quite a lot of ideas related to routing profiles, so maybe some of them cover your needs as well?

photo

Currently, I most often use the bikerouter.de clone and there the profiles:
navbar.profile.Trekking-FCR-dry / -wet
navbar.profile.Trekking-SmallRoads / -wet
And when the son arrives - these are gravel profiles specially made for him.
And special poutnik profiles.
I also have a profile: Safe driving through the city, which I use, for example, for the city of Bielsko-Biała (and I live near Żywiec).
Some profiles I have not deciphered because there are very few descriptions about them.

PS.
I see you are quite active in
https://groups.google.com/g/osm-android-bikerouting

Regards
Waldek

photo

Maybe the quality of the surface as BR,

this is a great option.

photo

Maybe another question:

Same route:

1) Locus-web-planner shows the values "Height lost | Height gained" >> -1 114 m | 1,114 m (drawing LM01)

2) BR-web: "Elevation | Height difference" >> 462 m | 26 m (drawing BR01)

For me, the value according to point (2) appeals to the imagination better. The higher the values and the difference, the "worse" (haha) for cycling.

Anyway, in most cases it is given according to (2).

Maybe some Comment?

Waldek

photo

and next question, I want to make good use of you Menion

Well, my gpx file naming looks like this:

50SZYL_Miedzybrodzie_ZY-Ostre_NNE-SW

where NNE means the direction to Międzybrodzie from the start,

and SW >> Międzybrodzie -> Ostre.

I have a compass without a background in png and I display it above the planner (BR or Locus web) and I look at what these directions are.

And so I think that in Locus web planner it could be useful such a compass with a direction line.

Files: Rys1.png
photo

Hello Waldemar,

it is a lot of questions :).

File with incorrect elevation: complicated task. Check this page for example and you will get same result as in Locus Map web planner. App probably gives smaller values, because there already exists some "filter" that is not yet converted for web.

There is currently no option to use custom routing profiles on the web, but you may use them offline directly in the Locus Map app with offline LoRouter. Seems, exact how to is missing in manual so @Michal Stupka may wrote more info if you are interested.

Anyway topics related to the routing profiles are usually tagged with "LoRouter" tag here, so check existing or create a new if you missing some, you consider useful for more users.

And the compass on the screen > what is the benefit of such overlay?

photo

Hi,

I've made the "custom routing profiles" paragraph more visible in the manual: https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:functions:navigation:settings#custom_routing_profiles.

Michal

Replies have been locked on this page!