This object is in archive! 

BT external GPS not connecting with Pixel 7 Android 13

Pascal Quantin shared this problem 17 months ago
Solved

Hi,

I just migrated to my new Pixel 7 phone and noticed that Locus Maps 4.12.1 and Locus Maps Classic 3.63.1 fail to connect to my Garmin GLO external GPS. My previous phone (OnePlus Nord using OxygenOS 11.1.11.11 - Android 11) connects just fine. On the other hand the Bluetooth GPS application has no issue connecting to it on the Pixel 7. Is there anything I can do to diagnose the issue and figure out whether this is a phone / Android / Locus bug?

Thanks and best regards.

Replies (7)

photo

Hello,

please can you describe your issue in more detail?

How exactly that "fail" looks like? Can you send me screenshots?

GLO communicates via Bluetooth 3, so it should be paired in the system settings. Is it?

Thank you for the clarification.

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Hi,

Sorry for omitting this info. Yes the Glo is paired in Android system and works fine when used with Bluetooth GPS app. The GPS receiver appears in the Locus BT3 decide list, but when I select it it stays disconnected. I do not have the GPS receiver in hands right now but I can send a screenshot tonight (but it won't be very helpful I fear). Is there some debug log I can activate to collect more info?

Thanks and best regards.

photo

As promised, here are two screenshots: one with the Bluetooth GPS app properly connecting to the Garmin GLO, and one with Locus showing the external GPS as disconnected (and the GLO LED confirms the BT connection is not established).

Best regards.

photo

Hihi Zdenek,

Anything I can do on my side to help diagnose the issue?

Best regards.

photo

Hello,

we did some improvements, so in the next version, it should work better.

If you want, you can try it in the next beta version which should be out at the end of the week - http://bit.ly/lmVersionsTest

Regards,

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Hi Zdenek

I confirm the 4.12.1.2 beta version works fine. Thanks for the fix.

Best regards,

Pascal.

photo

Hello,

I am glad it works.

If any issue occurs again, please, let me know.

Have a nice day.

Zdenek, Locus team

Replies have been locked on this page!