Importing Icons

Nils Degerman shared this problem 16 months ago
Closed

I had a surfboard with Android 8 and I used Locus 4. In this I had a map called Locus with several maps of which one was named Icons .There I had all my personal Icons and there where no problem in getting them to the map by using the edit function on each POI.

In my new surfboard with Android 12 I have exactly the same configuration, but when I try to edit the POI I only get the Standard and Garmin. no external icons. What is the problem. How could I get my personal icons in the same directory as the Standard an Garmin icons

Replies (12)

photo

Hello,

please follow this manual: https://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:advanced:customization:icons#custom_icons

If you can't reach the "Locus" directory in the "Android/data" folder, try to use Total Commander, Solid Explorer, or X-plore.

Regards,

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

I have done what you say and have all Icons in the map "Icons"and in compressed form. But when I try to select them I only get Standar and Garmin. None of my own is visibil.

I have everything on a SD card. The program itself works perfect and all my POI is visibil, but without the correct icon. Is there something I have to do to connect the program with the SD card, or should everthing be on the main card

Regards

photo

Hello,

can you send me the screenshots of these two settings pages?

"Settings > Misc. > Default directories > Set the custom sub-directories"

"Settings > About the app/Helpdesk > About the app"

Thank you.

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Hehe is a screenshot of my tablet, where you can see hon everything is sorter. In the map "Icons", I havet all icons that I need and The are all in compressed form

photo

I think I forgott to mention that on my older tablet, the configuration is exactly the same, but when I open to add my own icons I get all icons to choose from. But in my new I only get Standard and Garmin. I havet attacker two screening to try to show what I look like in the order tablet. This one use Android 8 and the new Android 12

Best regards

photo

Hello,

please send me the screenshots of the Locus settings:

"Settings > Misc. > Default directories > Set the custom sub-directories"

"Settings > About the app/Helpdesk > About the app"

I need to see, where the Locus is installed and how it is set.

Thank you.

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Hello

I have found same information, but I cant find "default directories>Set custom sub-directories.

What I can find is whats in the attacker filé. I also observed that the map icons is empty.

I cant find the second filé you asked for. Under settings there is no About the app/helpdesk.

I don't know if this is any help. But this is what I get when I downloaded the app and installed it. I have all the maps I want and also all my POI, the only thing I miss is the icons for each POI

Best regards

Nils Degerma

photo

I just found "About the app". I have attached his file but  there is no helpdesk in there

photo

Hello,

ok, this is the latest version.

Please send me the screenshot of these settings too:

"Settings > Backup & filesystem > File system manager > Set custom sub-directories"

Thank you

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Hello

I give upp.

The only filer I can find is this. But in this I cant find and File system manager

photo

I made a new attemt. Can this be of and help for you

photo

Hello,

I am sorry for the delay.

You have to put your icons into the "Android/data/menion.android.locus/files/Locus/icons" folder in internal memory. Then it should work properly.

For the explanation:

Your main directory is in internal memory "Android/data..." and you have set all the sub-directories to "Android/data..." on the SD card.
You have also the "Locus" directory in the internal memory, but this is only a duplicate and you should delete it (backup files from that folder before that, just to be sure).

So everything that IS NOT defined as Sub-folder in the Locus settings MUST be placed into the main directory "Android/data..."

If you need more information, feel free to ask me.

Regards,

Zdenek, Locus team

Leave a Comment

Attach a file