the intent to start track recording works fine with LM4

but with LM3.6 classic, after changer the tasker task to locus.pro etc

it doesnt start the track recording

Replies (3)

photo

User says it works fine with 3.63.1, doesnt with 3.64 with same data etc

photo

1. Realme, android 12

It's a problem after an update. Backup - reinstalling the older version (3.63.1) - Restore. The plugin works fine.

2. LineageOs, android 10

works even without a plugin. The data from the documentation that I provided at the beginning is enough.

3. I don't understand anything anymore. Realme, android 12 - version 3.63 works, 3.64 does not. Old phone, lineage, android 10. Older and newer versions work same. 🤷

It seems that the Android version may be the problem.

photo

Hi guys,

I'm just working on it, but not sure if there is any solution, anyway give me a while. Problem is, that we were forced to update the so-called "Target API" to a new version and since then, there are new restrictions from Google applied to Locus Map as well. In this case, the option to start foreground service, like Track recording, over intent.

---

Hmm, I've probably found a method. The app needs to be excluded from the battery optimization. In case, app already is a "Device admin" (if you used screen on/off functionality), disable it first.

I've improved the setup on the app side so in the next app version (probably this week), request to "Disable optimization" should be automatic.

photo

My locus is excluded from battery optimization. Locus is the administrator of the device. Not only the plugin doesn't work, also the intents from the documentation (https://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:advanced:locus_api:public_intents)

Locus is phenomenal, I even use it for training. I use tasker to activate record routes, because it makes things much easier.

I have high hopes that you will be able to solve this problem. Good luck!

photo

My hero!! Today's update fixes the problem. everything fine!

photo

Perfect, glad to read it. Key is really to have the app "Excluded from the battery optimization" + some minor changes in the app. Uff ... I'm so glad it works :).

Thanks!

photo

Menion is an excellent developer, the Locus team are always really helpfull even for minor bugs or comments or feature requests, glad its sorted for you...

photo

You are too kind :). Even after all these years behind Locus app, I'm still doing many simple mistakes. Fortunately, I'm at least always trying to fix them as soon as possible, uff :).

Enjoy Christmas guys

photo

Happy Christmas to you too, thank you for all yoru hard work over the years.

Replies have been locked on this page!