This object is in archive! 

Action tasks broadcast "track_record" stopped working

Auric Goldfinger shared this problem 15 months ago
Solved

Since last week, the track_record task in a Action task broadcast stopped working. The broadcast sends two tasks: preset and track_record. The preset change is performed correctly, but the recording doesn't start anymore. There was no change from my side in Locus Map- nor Tasker configuration that could trigger the malfunction.

Attached is the Tasker task I use to start the car recording. It follows the example from the Action Tasks (Broadcast) wiki page and worked until last week.

I am currently using Locus Map version 4.13.1 but one version earlier carried the problem as well.

Use case: when the bluetooth of my car is connected, Tasker broadcasts the task to make Locus Map auto-start the track recording and I change the profile to Car. I have a similar task for bike trips.

Best Answer
photo

Hi Auric,

there is a change in the "Target API" of the Locus Map forced by Google. This caused the need to have the app "Excluded from battery optimization" to make this work. Open please side track recording panel in the app. Do you see info about optimization there? You may also exclude it directly in the system battery settings. Then "intent" should work as expected.

Replies (3)

photo

im on 4.13.1 and i use a similar tasker task, but it uses falcos plugin to do the same, and just tested and its working

photo

Hi Auric,

there is a change in the "Target API" of the Locus Map forced by Google. This caused the need to have the app "Excluded from battery optimization" to make this work. Open please side track recording panel in the app. Do you see info about optimization there? You may also exclude it directly in the system battery settings. Then "intent" should work as expected.

photo

Thank you Menion, that's the solution indeed. The notification in the side track was indeed displayed.

I don't know what my device (or Google?) is doing, because I already excluded Locus Map from optimisation in the past. But it was back, I have no idea why.

For future reference (if someone has the same problem): On OnePlus you have to enable "Allow background activity". To be sure, I enabled "Allow auto-launch" as well. You can find this screen in Settings → Apps → App Management → Locus Map → Battery Usage

793bfd138c180cd17c973972f8a29d16

photo

@Auric, that would be a disaster - and I fortunately cannot confirm, all intents work here as expected. :D

Replies have been locked on this page!