Crashes in Locus Map Classic since 3.64.0 in connection to OpenAndroMaps

Daigers shared this problem 15 months ago
Closed

Hello,

I use Locus Map Classic for several years. Since version 3.64.0, there are sporadic crashes when zooming or swiping back and forth in the map. Most of the time LMC just crashes and then I can reopen it. But you are back at the coordinates before you swiped back and forth on the map. Sometimes LMC also crashes when importing a GPX file. Here, too, the imported data are gone after the crash. After the crashes, there is often a request to delete the cache of LMC due to errors. In the worst case, LMC can no longer be used after a crash because it closes again immediately after opening.

In the meantime I have installed version 3.64.1. The problem was first with Android 12, now also with Android 13. I use a Samsung Galaxy A52 5G as my smartphone.

Apparently, the problem has something to do with the offline map I use. I use the OpenAndroMaps maps for ages because they fit best for me. After these crashes, I tried the map „Freizeitkarte“. There are no crashes. Yesterday, I wasn't able to start LMC after a crash. The offline-map from OpenAndroMaps was installed again. After deleting the files for the offline map from OAM under \Internal memory\Android\data\menion.android.locus.pro\files\Locus\mapsVector, LMC could be started again without any problems.

My wife has the same problem. same LMC version, same smartphone. But still Android 12.

Greetings
Daigers

Replies (3)

photo

Hello,

there is a known problem with the POI database files. It is caused by external libraries we are using but we are working on the fix.

Please, try these steps, they should help: Immediate crash

Until the fix is published, if you download any new map or update, delete the "db" files again and use online LoPoints instead.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Hello Zdenek,

thanks for this information. Can you say if the fix comes with the next version of LMC or in which one?

Greetings
Daigers

photo

Hello,

it has a high priority. There is no estimated time of arrival of the update, but it will be as soon as possible.

Thank you for understanding.

Zdenek, Locus team

Leave a Comment

Attach a file